“home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goodlane B&B

Goodlane B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Goodlane B&B
Ranked #36 of 52 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I booked a room at Good Lane and liked it so much I stayed fo 4 months. Sue runs a "make yourself at home" policy and that is exactly what it feels like.Ably assisted by the lovely Jenny both could not do enough for you and I would highly recommend staying there whenever visiting Lincoln.
The location is also excellent, minutes walk from the cathedral and city centre with numerous pubs and retaurants to hand. Great choice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Shipley Wesy Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

For a start, everything worked. I'm fed up of B&Bs where economising on showers etc means you're forever putting things back together or struggling with controls that never give the right setting. The 'help yourself' ethos means you're not endlessly tiptoe-ing around wondering what you can use and what you can't. The location was ideal and easily found, the decor pretty, the bed in my room as good as any I've slept on away from home. The breakfasts were generous, the parking free within minutes of the Cathedral quarter, and the conversation stimulating. What more do you want? Paul, Shipley, West Yorkshire.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Groningen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

I have stayed in the B&B for 3 months, because i had a practical period on Monks Abbey Primary school. I had a lovely time and everything in this B&B was good, the food and Annie & Sue were 2 lovely persons! Nothing was too much for them. I'm from the Netherlands and this was my first long time away from my home, they gave me a good feeling and i was feeling home. When i'm going back to Lincoln, i'm sure that i'm going back to this lovely B&B!

• Stayed February 2009
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

I am staying at Good Lane regularly until my house sells and cannot recommend it highly enough. It really is like home from home. Annie and Sue are kind and helpful and take my dog out/look after her while I am at work. If I didn't ultimately want my own house, I would move in permanently. Nothing is too much trouble and the house and rooms are charming, the shower is powerful and the garden a peaceful haven after work.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Northamptonshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

I've read the other reviews on here and they are nothing like what I experienced, so much so I felt I had to write one!
I stayed at the Goodlane B&B for one night with my Dad who has stayed a few times before. It has a beautiful first impression with it's lovely garden, the rooms were lovely, with sinks and tea and coffee facilities, tv with dvd also. Also the rooms have locks! I have noticed someone said they haven't but they do!. There is a shared bathroom between guests which wasn't a problem for us. Only a short distance from the city centre. In the morning we were greeted by 'Annie' who was really lovely and friendly. She cooked us an amazing breakfast (Anything we wanted!) There was also toast and cereal. Overall a really lovely place to stay and very good price! Will definatley return!

• Stayed June 2009