“Hotel of Choice in Lincoln” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bail House & Mews

and 1 more site!
Ranked #15 of 52 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Hotel of Choice in Lincoln”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stay in Lincoln a lot on business and this is my hotel of choice. Sadly on my next visit it is full. Most importantly the beds are extremely comfortable but there are also lots of homely details that make it different from the norm. I love the lounge area with its copious sofas and honesty bar. The garden with its cat and chickens are a delight in warm weather. The breakfast is plentiful and delicious although the service was slightly chaotic on my last visit. The location is also perfect for the leisure visitor-right in the heart of historic Lincoln surrounded by plenty of very good restaurants. The hotel has a book in the lounge where previous guests have recommended (or not) many of them. I did have aslight issue last time I stayed. My room (no.2) had an odd smell coming out of the bathroom. I mentioned it on checkout so hopefully they've sorted it out.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Bail House & Mews, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
I apologise for any issues had with either the room or breakfast service on your last stay. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken onboard, and used to improve the areas mentioned.

We believe regular guests like yourselves are our greatest achievement, and we greatly appreciate every positive review. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lincoln.

Bail House & Mews
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed here last night and have spent the last 24 hours waxing lyrical and making all my colleagues (staying in various hovels around the country) jealous.

I was in the room in the picture above, and I slept better than I have in any hotel room for a long time. The "honesty" bar ("help yourself, let's sort it out in the morning") is stocked with real ale and decent wine (and some very tempting Champagne - a bit decadent for one), and I sampled its contents in the garden with two chickens. They are clearly used to a life of luxury, since they seemed non-plussed.

I had a shared bathroom with one other guest and it didn't bother me in the least. The bathroom itself was far nicer than you tend to find in en-suite rooms and my ablutions did not conflict with my neighbour at all.

But to tell you the truth, none of this matters. Why? Because my breakfast - smoked, poached, local haddock, perfectly poached eggs, granary toast and decent coffee - was so unbelievably good that I would have rated this place 5 out of 5 even if I'd been locked out and slept in the pool.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Bail House & Mews, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Thank you for this glowing review. I know your positive comments about breakfast will make both our chef and waiting staff very happy, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Bail House for another stay.

skegness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is a great hotel although we stopped at their cottage which was wonderful perfect location in bailgate we also ate at the Mexican tequilas just across from the bailgate the food was stunning ! We will definitely return wonderful wonderful !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Cesar T, Manager at Bail House & Mews, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bail House when you return to Lincoln.

Kind Regards

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Hotel is in a really great location, staff friendly, hotel clean, stayed in the room with the four poster bed and cathedral view, cathedral view is a little limited lol and decor a little tired in places, the breakfast was lovely, I think the £5 car parking charge is unnecessary, would recommend this Hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cesar T, Manager at Bail House & Mews, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's very important for us to hear that our staff helped make your stay comfortable and relaxing.

Car parking charges are very common in Lincoln due to the very limited availability of spaces. We do endevour to charge a reasonable fee for this and make sure we have parking available for all our guests. We have also begun looking into the condition of our room decor with a view on refreshing it, as we have recently done to the hote's communal areas.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Fantastic boutique hotel in cathedral area of Lincoln. Cool relaxed vibe around the place and very friendly staff. Easy walk to best restaurants and tourist sights - cathedral, castle and Steep Hill.

Only slight downside was the shared toilet and shower facilities but that shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Dean Wilkes

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cesar T, Manager at Bail House & Mews, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Due to the layout and age of the building, not all of our rooms are indeed en-suites but we strive to make this merely a quirk and never an impediment to a memorable time away.

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lincoln.