“Lunch time ”

Rising Cafe - From the Rubble
Ranked #2 of 522 Restaurants in Lincoln
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 11
Description: We love to serve delicious food at affordable prices. From Afternoon Tea to chilli con carne everything served at The Rising Cafe is homemade with love. Come in a get a freshly made scone with clotted cream, jam and loose leaf tea or a slice of one of our indulgent homebakes cakes. We are a charity run cafe and 100% of all profit goes to the work of Betel UK.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had a really tasty hotdog

My wife had a fantastic chicken and butternut squash soup with a crusty bread roll.

Would recommend that they sell recipe cards for their soups

A very deserving charity, so tipping is much appreciated

Reviewed 1 April 2018

… we were served incredibly quickly, staff were busy, direct, polite, and happy. Tables were filling as quickly as people left, and yet the staff were still getting out top notch food at speed, and doing it without showing signs of stress. Definitely going to be my first stop next time I find myself in Lincoln.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The soup at the « Rising From The Rubble » café in Lincoln is made by Allison, who possesses magical fairy powers. The soup is so brilliant, so deep in flavour, so full of « je ne sais pas quoi » that although you may visit the cafe at first due to general interest in the concept, you keep returning for the blinking marvelous food!!
Brilliant value for money, brilliant staff, brilliant customer service, brilliant food.
What else to say???
I was hesitant about posting this review because the cafe may become too busy to able to easily get a table. However they richly deserve the recognition.
Go there (or don’t! I’ll be able to still get a table!).

Rising Cafe L, Manager at Rising Cafe - From the Rubble, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello! Allison here! Thank you so much for your lovely review. Fairy powers I do not posses, just a real love for food!! But, thank you. Your words mean the world.

Please do come again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Taken for afternoon tea by my daughters and couldn’t fault it. We chose one traditional and two Mexican plates all to share, and everything was lovely. The food was amazing, the service brilliant and great value for money too - what’s not to like!?

While you’re there, ask one of the volunteers about the concept and programme too - an inspirational story.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

For taste, value and simply a lovely lunch experience, the Rising Cafe is an absolute must. A simple and very effective ordering system, a really quirky (in the nicest possible way) décor and time/space to chat, relax and enjoy the food. My wife had the Churchilli dish with avocado, while I had the souperb of the day, sweet potato, butternut squash, coconut and chilli. Delicious! And for £7...unbeatable!