“Amazing meal”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner came here last night for a meal for our anniversary, never been before. Such a lovely modern restaurant, we was greeted and took to our table. We ordered starters and mains, the mushrooms and halloumi to start, a ribeye and mixed grill for main. I must the service was spot on a f the food was red hot. The food was delicious, the only thing my partner said was his steak was chewy but other than that it was delicious. Staff very polite and helpful. It was a special occasion as it was our anniversary and I am heavily pregnant and due in two weeks. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (676)

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Staff friendly, easy access and offered a free glass of Prosecco on our arrival, which never materialised, disappointing.

We order the ribs starter, which are cooked with a prepack BBQ sauce, we asked not add additional BBQ sauce and replace with sweet chilli sauce and were very good and meaty. Thought things were going well until the 2 medium rare ribeye steaks arrived with side order of mushrooms. Everything was good but the steaks were over charred and had an over powering burnt flavour. The worst we have had and would never go again. Very disappointing and wish we had gone to one of the other local restaurants.

Shame and spoilt our day. The score we had given was for the starter and the staff, if on the steaks alone, it would be zero if possible.

Over priced for the quality of the food.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 5 July 2021

Although this is predominantly a steak house, the quality of food served on the vegan taster menu is stunningly good. Phenomenal artistic presentation of the highest quality vegan dishes with perfect service. It really is worth seeking this place out, but note that the vegan taster menu is not available at all times, so check with the restaurant first.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 24 June 2021

I visited this restaurant about 7 years ago for my 18th birthday and have very fond memories of the atmosphere, food and whole experience. My partner and I have recently moved back to Leicester and I wanted to take him somewhere special to celebrate this, our anniversary and his new job. I booked our table with a request to be sat somewhere quiet - recognising that this may not be possible but would have improved the experienced.

When we arrived it was clear that many of the wait staff were new and inexperienced with them regularly having to check in with who seemed to be the supervisor. This was not a problem initially as they were all very friendly and polite. However our experience soon went downhill. We were sat downstairs one table away from the entrance where the door was kept open (I assume for Covid reasons). This was opposite the bar where staff walked by a relatively small gap between my partner's chair and the bar itself. This resulted in him being knocked/brushed past regularly. Now if the restaurant was really busy this would likely not have bothered me, however there were only two other parties sat downstairs and at least 4 tables were empty throughout our time there. Any of them would have been more appropriate. I did not venture upstairs but the fact the the staff rarely went upstairs to me meant that there were also very few parties sat up there. This made the experience not as cosy as it could have been. I would have asked to move but we arrived fairly early in the evening (around 6pm) so I thought it was possible that the other tables were reserved for later on.

We had hoped to make an experience out of our visit. On the website I had seen a number of set menus and assumed this would be available to us, however the only menu we were given was the A La Carte Menu. This wasn't too much of a problem as we were both there for a decent steak more than anything. When we ordered our drinks my partner ordered the only pale ale they offered and the waitress went away to fulfil this. A few minutes later the supervisor spoke to us from across the bar and said that the IPA on the menu had not been put in the fridge so the only thing he could offer was a Peroni. They did not even have the foresight to put some in the fridge so my partner could have had one later on in the evening.

We ordered our food - a fillet steak, rare and a mixed grill, medium rare. When our food arrived I noticed that the mushroom was missing from both dishes. I mentioned this to the waitress to receive a very blunt reply: "oh we don't have any." For a dish with x4 components - steak, chips, tomato, mushroom - its not great when one of them is missing! It wouldn't have been hard to inform us when we ordered so that we were aware. My steak was cooked perfectly, no issues there - except it was over seasoned. I avoided the outer edge of the steak as it was ridiculously salty. A shame as otherwise the food would have been close to perfect.

Like I said before we intended on making the evening an experience and had hoped to stay for 3 courses. Instead, we left over £60 ligther having just had a main course, 2 beers and a soft drink. On the way home we stopped at Tesco for a pot of Ben & Jerrys to have at home.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

The staff were very attentive and the food was cooked to perfection. A fabulous setting with really interesting features such as original beams and great pictures showing the history of the building. I ordered steak and lemon gateaux for dessert. They are both tasty and topped off with a lovely bottle of Malbec.

Date of visit: May 2021