1,216 results
All reviews tram stop pleasure beach sea view family room lovely hotel sofa bed kids club buffet style shower cubicle reception staff quiet area tea and coffee stayed here for one night food was lovely clean hotel evening meal main attractions
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Room was clean and tidy, (slightly fusty smell ) but that disappeared after having the window open for a short while. Second floor room with great view of the
seafront. Room was a reasonable size and had all the basics that you need (inc. safe). The bathroom was a generous size, very clean and the shower, which was also a good size worked perfectly. Bed was fine and we both slept well. The location is really good too, with a walk of approximately 20 minutes to the pleasure beach. We ate out on our evening there but the inclusive breakfast was really good. I would certainly recommend this hotel and thought that it is excellent value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2018

We booked two nights bed and breakfast in a family room ... taking our six year old granddaughter for her first visit to the illumination. The hotel is on the outer fringes of Blackpool but that is a bonus as far as town noise is concerned ... there is also a bus and tram stop opposite the hotel that runs every 10/15 minutes
The room was a good size with a double bed and a double sofa bed that was loved by a six year old ... the bedroom and bathroom were very clean
It was not planned but we also had our evening meal in the hotel on both nights ... there was an extensive menu with a number her of special offers ..... we both had the three course meal deal for £14.95 ... very good food... well cooked and great value
If you have a young family, the hotel had a room set aside for younger children .. full of soft play and safe toys ... I have not seen this before in a mainstream hotel ... the management should be congratulated for there vision
Really enjoyed the couple of days and forgetting my views .... our granddaughter wants to go back next year ..... could there be a better recommendation?

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at The Carousel for two nights at the end of October with another family. Although there were eight of us all together the hotel always managed to seat us together for meals.
The food at breakfast was basic but good enough. Plenty of sausages and bacon for everyone! The food was hot and the supplies were regularly replenished.
We also had dinner on the Saturday night. There is an extensive menu to choose from and maybe that was why the service was a little slow. Perhaps cutting the menu to a more manageable selection would be a good idea.
The staff were polite and worked hard to make our stay a pleasant one. The entertainment staff were particularly good. The Halloween party for the kids was good fun and the quiz on Friday night - despite being poorly attended - was funny and entertaining.
The function room and kids play-room were both nice spaces to spend time and enjoy a drink out of the bitter Blackpool cold wind.
The family room that we were in was a little small. The kids had two small sofa beds which weren’t very comfortable but they managed okay after a hard day of entertainment on the prom.
The double bed felt rather damp and the mattress wasn’t very comfortable but, again, after a long day out and a few cold beers it was fine.
The shower was small but efficient.
Overall - this hotel is worth a try if you are in Blackpool for a night or two. There is limited parking to the rear of the hotel and a tram stop opposite.
I would stay there again and would rate it as generally good for families.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here Friday untill Sunday. Paid £250 for a family room. Was very disappointed as all it had was a double bed and a sofa pull out bed. Our children are 10 and 11 boy and girl who shouldn’t be sharing a bed.
All family rooms should have separate beds for kids. room was very small for a family room and once the sofa was pulled out there was no room at all.
Apart from that the breakfast was good entertainment was good, good location, and child friendly and very clean.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I was travelling for business, and normally stay at the Village Hotel (mainly because of the location). I had a poor experience the last time at the Village so 'took a chance' with the Carousel.

I booked a single room - it is absolutely fine, but small. The room itself was clean and had space for hanging clothes. I make use of the desk in hotel rooms, and although the Carousel had one, the drawers made it slightly awkward to sit at it. There were sockets at the desk - you would not believe how many hotels do not have sockets at the desk!

The hotel has pretty good WiFi throughout - which was an unexpected plus.

Breakfast was included - it was a hot buffet with some 'continental' options. It was fine - but it was included, so it was good value for money.

I purchased an evening meal. It was not expensive, and was OK. The service in the restaurant was pretty poor. They forgot my drink. They took a very long time to take my order, but other people were being seated and orders taken immediately. It would be worth polishing the service here.

Check-in was excellent - no issues. The best part - the price. If I had stayed at the Village it would have been 4 times the price...

I don't think the hotel caters much to business travellers (the staff seem slightly surprised I was by myself!) - but it really is a good hotel for this purpose.

What I did miss was the option of a late check-out. Even if it was charged, a 1pm check-out would have been so helpful

• Trip type: Travelled on business