All reviews alfa travel pleasure beach blackpool promotions single room breakfast and evening meal bit dated public areas bar prices food was lovely hotel is situated sea front short break couldn't do enough bingo jacuzzi compere pier
Reviewed 7 November 2018

It was a coach trip to see the lights which was fantastic we again travelled with Lesmon Travel The hotel was very clean and the rooms a good size friendly staff the only negative thing was the meal times were strict we had 8.30 Breakfast and evening meal was 6.30 you had to be there at that time not earlier or later you had to adhere to the time they gave you the food was fair

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Supposed to be refurbished, but many rooms were not. Mine was fine and refurbished, but my friends room was an absolute disaster with black mould around her shower and cracks near the skirting boards.

The meals in the restaurant were extremely small portions and of extremely poor quality. Worse than any school dinners.

However, how ever bad this hotel was and however bad the foot was, the staff were all excellent. All were extremely helpful. They're were just not enough of them.

Once I waited in the bar one afternoon for a coffee and there was no one available to serve me. I lost patience and went up to my room to make one. One another afternoon I did manage to order a coffee, there was one barmaid available and after each order she disappeared into the kitchen to make each tea or coffee from a kettle! No wonder no one was at the bar in between doing each order.

My friends and I won't be going back there. Everyone in our party thought as me. Another friend said 'you get what you pay for, its a cheap break'.

Our main attraction was the Blackpool Illuminations and a couple of those photos are included in this review.

Room tip: I paid my club for a sea view double but on arrival was not allowed. Forced to take a single overlooking roof tops and loads of windows.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We stayed here in October. It was an enjoyable stay. Friendly staff. Lovely clean rooms. Our evening meal we had the choice of 3 starters, 3 main and 3 desserts. So we were never left feeling hungry. There was a couple of different rooms that you could sit in for the evening if you didn’t want to watch the entertainment.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Queens Hotel is owned by Leisureplex Holiday Hotels and used by ALFA Travel coach holidays.On arrival the manager gave a welcome speech, that was the last we saw of him. The reception area needed up-dating like a lot of average hotels. Our bedroom was freshly decorated and clean. The bar and entertainment was good, kept alive by Chris the compere. The Restaurant food was basic but good?. The dinning room service was poor ,maybe due to lack of staff. Having to have to wait 30 minutes and having to stop the waitress to order our breakfast, it arrived with a very small piece of fried bread ,which had been BITTEN into , which was obvious by the teeth marks. NOT ACCEPTABLE. complained to the manageress,DISGUSTED. No apology offered.
WOULD YOU COME AGAIN ???.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 31 October 2018

This was our first visit here in 4 years, and we found that the changes made since then were not for the better.

Most of the staff are now foreign, which was not a problem where they spoke and understood English well enough, as with the bar staff. However, it did cause problems in the dining room, with misunderstandings occurring whenever we made any special requests or queries about the menu items. Was also disappointed that the 'Lighter Choices' option was no longer on available on the dinner menu, and the vegetable portions seemed smaller than before.

Although the rooms are modern enough, some other areas are in need of refurbishment, for instance the flat roof above the leisure centre was leaking badly after a recent downpour. On the plus side, the bathroom & bedroom were very clean (apart from under the bed), although we did get missed by housekeeping on one day.

Date of stay: September 2018