“Great Hotel!”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #267 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Derbyshire
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Arrived on 4th September for 3 nights. Parked up, got through the door and offered tea and coffee straight away which was a welcome sight after a 110 mile drive. Room clean and well stocked with tea/coffee and biscuits. We stayed in a rear facing room which was fine as we don't spend a lot of time in the room. Only slight criticism would be the seal had gone on the window giving an obscured view. Bathroom good and nice selection of shampoos/shower gels which was good as forgot my shampoo!. Now the breakfast is divine!. Choice of smoked kippers/haddock which was beautifully cooked. Pancakes were lovely, and a wide choice of cereals,orange juice and as much tea and coffee as you could drink. Full English breakfast was of a very high quality with thick rashers of bacon and very nice lincolnshire sausages. Choice of papers to read in the sun lounge and as much free tea and coffee as you can drink!. Location has got to be the best in Blackpool 15 mins walk to the tower keeps you away from the drunks at weekends, tram stop opposite and a 2 min walk to beach. Took the owners dogs for a walk 1 morning down the beach and had a great time throwing the ball in the sea for them! (Mr Bojangles and Bomber) very well behaved dogs and my 16 month old daughter loved them. Would definately reccommend and will hopefully be back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AndyKatie
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Thanks very much for your kind review.
Not sure what room you were in - probably 17 - yes the double glazing had failed on that and we have since had it replaced. Marvellous sea views are now fully restored.
Hope to see you again next time in Blackpool
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
scunthorpe
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Arrived on 7th September for 2 nights. We had 3 rooms and did take 2 disabled guests and 4 children, the oldest is 6. Staff were very polite, helpful and at times patient with 4 over excited kids. The rooms were very clean, the food at breakfast was first class and the location is handy for the central attractions without being smack bang in the middle. This was the second visit for most of our party and I'm sure it won't be the last (if they'll have the kids back?!?)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thanks very much for your business and kind review
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I've been coming to Blackpool every year for over 15 years now and have stayed in the north, south and central,on the prom and in the back streets - I have to say canasta is the best Blackpool hotel I have stayed in - I decided to treat my son and husband to a short break at the canasta as its a sea front hotel and the prices were very reasonable - none of us were disappointed- on arrival we were offered complimentary tea and coffee and I couldnt believe it when our bags were taken to our room for us! Unheard of in the other hotels I've been in! The room was immaculate, clean, copius amounts of tea and coffee in the room and beautifully decorated - and the beds were divine! Even my 3 year old woke up after the first and told me what a lovely night sleep he'd had! I've slept in beds in Blackpool before which felt like sleeping on a bag of bricks in comparison and being a pregnant woman sleep and comfort are very important to me! The breakfast staff were highly.attentive and the breakfast was too die for! Good quality ingredients obviously, and delicious- again passing the 3 year old test!! This hotel is everything a hotel should be - I was interested in reading the reviews about the lack of entertainment - your never going to.please everyone and there are 200+ other hotels which offer singers and cabaret- canasta had music playing at a nice level in the evening and was perfect for us - location wise it was lovely being just that little bit out but the tram stop directly outside made everything easily accessible - I will definstely recommend the canasta to anyone and look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed September 2012
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thanks very much Becky, and family, for taking the time to make the review.

We're so pleased you found everything so comfortable. Especially about the beds - we do spend a little more than a lot of our competitors on mattresses.

Nope...we can't please all the people all the time :)

Hope to see you next time you all come to Blackpool.

High Five to the nipper again, sorry, forgot his name..:(
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Arrived on the 22nd of August for 3 nights and stayed in room 22 which is for 3 people, booked in and were offered free tea, coffee and a squash striaght away. Went to our room which was a good size and also spotlessly clean. The breakfast was great with plenty of choice both hot and cold and as much as you could eat, one day i asked for poached eggs on toast which was not on the menu but that was no problem. After breakfast we sat in the lounge to read the free papers and drink plenty more of the free coffee before going into town for the day, returning in the afternoon for more free coffee before going to our room where the beds had been made and room cleaned whilst we were out, after changing we went out for something to eat (if you wished to stay in take away menus were available and they would even set up a table in the dining room for you to enjoy your meal0. When we returned in the evenings there was no entertainment but we knew that when we booked and at the price we paid we did not expect any, we also didn't need any as we always had someone to sit and have a laugh with, sometimes it was the Hosts, the staff or other guests so we were never board not even my 12 yera old daughter. We have stayed in many hotels in Blackpool from big chain ones to some that should not even be mentioned but the Canasta is the one we will stay at again as we were able to relax and were made to feel at home as soon as we arrived, plus my daughter made me promise we would. Congratulations to the Hosts and all their staff who were always very helpful, had a smile for everyone and would find time to chat whilst still giving excellent service. Hope to visit again soon. Mick, Liz and Madison.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thanks very much Mick, Liz and Madison for taking the time to give us such a great review. The pleasure was all ours I can assure you.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

just back from canasta hotel , went because of the reviews well don't believe what you read! owner didn't crack a smile the whole weekend , no entertainment as such (karaoke) the bandit got switched off when i went to toilet , never new tvs came that small (bedroom) showers outdated,wasn't worth £35 pppn Good points breakfast was plenty tea and coffee was free staff were great

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank lindaloo1966
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Oh dear. I'm trying to work out who you are...I think you were the one I asked to take your feet off the new tables. I'd just spent £3000 refurbisihing the sun lounge and you were putting your feet up on the tables.

Having said that the points you raise about TV being small and only entertainment being karaoke are true. We dont actually advertise that we get artistes in....and the TV's....well they're just fillers in arnt they - who comes to Blackpool to watch TV? They're new, they have freeview and over 120 channels...and...watchable. No they are not state of the art plasma systems but then again I'm not really charging a lot at £35 (thanks for pointing that out) so not sure what you expected.

Yep - we wait until guests use the toilets downsatairs and then turn the bandits off. It's great fun and the highlight of our day. We sit and laugh about it until the early hours.
I'd agree our showers need upgrading and we're going to start that this winter.

I'm sorry you're miffed. Sincerely. You didnt seem upset when you took our dogs for a walk.
There's nowt funnier than folk, eh.