“now a subway”

Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 17
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: This is a pub/restaurant near South Pier on the promenade in Blackpool.
Reviewed 28 July 2016

sad end to this old proud seafront pub once known as the beach that was very popular in the 60's and 70's---now a subway and the orange fish company----I know things have to change but I anchor back for the days when my wife an I had our photo taken in there with a monkey on a rainy night in 73.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

fantastic staff, the blonde haired lady and the black haired lady with glasses were amazing when we visited, the food as gorgeous and the chefs are brilliant, the management are good to, keep up the good work

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

The food here was incredible! Massive portion sizes, even the kids meals were large for the price. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. Would definitely recommend to others!

Reviewed 29 August 2015

THIS IS THE WORST PUB MEAL WE HAVE EVER HAD, should have left when we found out they we undergoing a heath and safety review as we were there, however we had already paid for our food. they served me a kids meal and tried to pass it off as an adult meal. the waitress even said here's your child's burger then corrected herself, i asked this was an adult meal, she said yes then hurried away not to be seen again !
My wife's steak was barely edible, its a rip off the holiday maker place - AVOID

1  Thank handrew396
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

One afternoon I took a chance with a friend went in to find the lady before me wanted an orange cordial juice for her son. She was served tap water. Being from Blackpool we know the water is contaminated at this moment in time. The kitchen was open as it was early afternoon. Very nice open planned IF you had half decent looking chefs. No whites . Microwave food. Didn't wash their hands once so yes pass on food. Group of young girls seam to be getting pesterd by some Turkish or Italian guy who seams to work there. Over herd the YOUNG LADIES complain to each other of how uncomfortable they felt. Didn't even Finnish my drink or use the toilets. Discrasefull . This pub wants to be shut down!