3,715 results
All reviews the palm court sea view steam room the general manager leisure facilities lovely hotel car park a bit tired tram stop short break evening meal buffet style family room north pier enjoyable stay night break lovely room
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here many times over the last few years with young children and elderly parents. This building is so beautiful and yes in bits it could do with renovation or a tidy up but it is an OLD grand building and it’s what you expect.
Excellent 3 course meal and delicious breakfast. Friendly staff and one of the best hotel beds I’ve ever slept it. Couldn’t rate this place high enough.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thanks Joanna for taking the time to review your recent stay, I'm so pleased you had such a great time and you are a regular visitor to the Imperial. I'm not sure if we've met but suspect we have! Do say hello next time you're in if this is not the case, it would be great to meet you personally, with very best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in a family room and a twin room. The hotel is beautiful and has maintained many of the original features. The breakfast buffet was lovely. All the staff were very friendly. If we were in the area we would definitely stay again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thanks som uch for your kind review, I'm so pleased you had fun. Hope to see you all again soon! Best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I can imagine this hotel two decades ago was unbelievable however unfortunately time hasn’t faired it well. The reception areas were nicely decorated however our room wasn’t and really needed to be brought back to modern times. We stopped for one night and to be fair we chose the hotel for the pool and easy parking. We opted for the bed breakfast and evening meal. We also chose to eat when we arrived for lunch. The service at lunch was unbelievably slow, we waited nearly 1Hr for a beef sandwich and chicken pieces and chips and to be fair when it arrived didn’t look all that appetising although it did taste quite good. We had the same issue at Dinner. The service was really poor, I put this down to workload but we were waiting so long across the board. The meal took just over 2 Hrs! (20:00 - 22:00 ) People sat around us were complaining of the same thing. Evening meals still coming out at 21:45! Simple things like when taking an order for a steak swop the knife for a steak knife at that point rather than delivering the food and then having to ask for one ( bearing in mind you have waited 45 mins already ) again this happened twice. Once to the table in front then myself. Which moves me on to the next point, be careful on the supplement charges, appreciate that Steak is going to be an extra charge however I recall quite a bit of the menu had extra charges. ( As a side note I would think a peppercorn sauce would be included if you have already agreed to an extra charge for the steak? ) however the above aside the food was really good shame the service was poor and it was around bedtime when we had finished. Last point was the pool and changing rooms. The pool was great, nice and warm and generally looked quite well maintained however the changing room weren’t far off unsafe. Not overly clean, chipped titles and missing shower head and again this area needs a refurb. Overall I wouldn’t use this hotel again, I would opt for a more up to date hotel where hopefully the service matches. Sorry I couldn’t be more positive.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thanks Wilcock for taking the time to review your recent stay, I do appreciate it. I'm so sorry to read you had such a long wait for your food and I'll do my best to follow this up with chef and the team. Thank you for pointing out the shortfall in the gents changing rooms, this area is actually off for refurbishment tomorrow when the showers and the washbasins get a revamp! It should however be clean at all times and I'll mention this to my club manager.

I do hope you had a great time in Blackpool, and thanks again for your balanced review. With very best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We book two night and had a great time at the Imperial Hotel.
The room we had was really beautiful which over looker the sea food was great.
We uses this hotel all time when in Blackpool.
All levels of staff are really friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea View
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Alison G, General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thanks alang, for the lovely review, I'm so pleased to read that you stay with us regularly and hope you had fun in Blackpool on this occasion. Hope to meet you personally next visit, if we've not done so yet! Best wishes, Alison

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Its 5 out of 5 so its all good. Best bits - period hotel which is magnificant, pool great, meals are very good and if part of package great value. Service excellent staff very good (man on reception and also checking in to restraunt very good). Room great family room good deco great tv etc. Only issue was room too hot they sorted though asap. This will be my choice in blackpool. Which is like london (full of poor ones ps in london go to union jack in waterloo). Very well done. No 10 bar is very grand and impressive.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thanks Friday Foodie for taking the time to review your stay. I really do appreciate it and I'll pass your comments onto the team. This hotel is just full of character, I often wish the walls would talk! It's lovely to know the Imperial is your Blackpool home now, and please say hello next time you're visiting, it would be great to meet you personally! Thanks again, Alison