All reviewssea frontbit datedsuperb locationdance floorevening entertainmentblackpool hotelsan updatefriendly hotelfamily roomfull english breakfastcouldn't do enoughfresh fruitgreat weekendtwo night staymany thankscouldn't faultnext year
Reviewed 23 June 2018

#
what can I say, very good , clean, fab staff, martin is very helpful couldn't done any more for you, Mr t is also just as helpful too. The food well its the best I've had in a hotel ever in Blackpool. Puts lots of the top hotels to shame. can not wait til we go again but for longer.Thank you for our great stay martin

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clairemarieturner
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The staff in this hotel are very friendly and try to be accommodating. On the first day my husband slipped on tiles up to the entrance and fell face first, narrowly missing the edge of the second set of steps. The lady behind reception, after asking if he was ok, which thankfully he was, said “we can’t do anything about the rain”. An a frame warning they are slippy when wet would have been helpful.
The interior is quite dated. Our bedroom carpet had stains on it and the skirting board under the radiator had not been painted. I could not find fault with the cleanliness of the bedding or the bathroom. I have a CPAP machine which I couldn’t use as there was no useable socket beside the bed. The bedside lamp was wired in to a permanent plug from what I could see.
The choice of breakfast is not bad but scrambled egg or poached egg would have been welcome rather than a full English every morning. When my husband asked for fried egg on toast with beans, he was told it would not be a problem.
Considering our booking was last minute, all in all it wasn’t bad value for money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oosey
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Greeted by a very polite Gentleman
Who couldn’t do enough to assist, thank you .fantastic location it a 10 minute walk to the pier.
The room is spacious and very clean.
Restaurant onsite, very good value.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went for a long Easter weekend break.
Had booked a room with a bath initially which was catered for and although the room was spotless and what was asked for the next morning we decided that a shower would be more suitable. Within minutes of our request we were allocated a new room with a shower instead, this room was spotlessly clean with lovely crisp white bedlinen and towels, very spacious with more storage space than I have at home which is unusual in any hotel.
Huge selection at breakfast and a delicious full english.
We didn't book evening dinner but decided to have our Sunday meal in the Hotel, it was a superb 3 course meal including coffee, would recommend the meals to everyone.
Staff were all friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us.
All in all a Hotel with a superb location, great food and spotless rooms with the added benefit of in house entertainment!
Such value for money, they certainly under charge and over deliver in my opinion, we will be back but will book direct over the phone next time as they offer certain deals that way and I would recommend The Balmoral Hotel to everyone, whatever their age.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tinalou67
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location on the front where you can get the tram up or down as your are in the middle of the front hotel was clean a bit dated but the staff and owner was lovely people the breakfast was spot on and I would definitely use it again

Stayed: September 2017