“Excellent”
Review of AJ's Bistro - CLOSED

AJ's Bistro
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 80
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Very nice place, I would highly recommend it to everyone who wants to have a nice classy dinner in Blackpool :)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I chose this restaurant because it was on the list for the Gourmet club, but I then cross referenced it with Trip Advisor and was very pleased to see it so highly rated. We went on a Tuesday early evening and as well as me and my wife we had my 10 year old grandson who we were treating. The restaurant itself is quite discrete from the outside, and could easily be missed if you were not specifically looking for it. Inside is very nice and cosy, with a "family" feel to it. The staff were brilliant, chatting about the different offerings and made a point of saying that anything on the menu could be customised in anyway to suit what we wanted. We opted for the fillet steaks for me and my grandson, and a fish course for my wife. All the meals were of excellent quality and we were all very happy. The staff were very attentive and showed a genuine interest in our opinions of the food, our holiday etc. All in all a fantastic evening and a very good introduction for my young grandson into fine dining :-)

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Having lost 4-0 at Bloomfield Road in the afternoon we needed cheering up. And AJ's was just the place, with Julie the perfect host.

Try it and see for yourself!!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

A party of 4 of us went to the theatre in Blackpool and didn't have a clue where to eat. After looking on tripadvisor this came up as the number one restaurant so we looked it up and gave it a try. We are so glad we did, from the minute we walked in the door Julie (the 'J' in AJ's) made us feel very welcome, really friendly and with so much knowledge of the food you could see she had a real passion for the place. They offered a special set menu of 3 courses for £50 per couple including a decent bottle of wine so we all went for this option. 2 chicken caesar salads, mussels and a cold meat and olive selection for starters, couldn't fault any of them, all delicious! Main courses 3 chicken stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in ham, one trout in a lemon cream sauce all served with lovely fresh vegetables and potatoes, decent sized portions but we needed to keep some space for pudding if the first 2 courses were anything to go by. After a breather desserts were ordered, 2 homemade strawberry cheesecakes and two cheese boards with home made chutney, again faultless. A liqueur coffee each and a brandy later we were struggling to move, we'd spent 3 hours having a lovely leisurely meal with superb food and service and the total bill for four was £128, worth every penny and more. Wasn't keen on returning to Blackpool before we found this place but will definitely have to change our minds now we have discovered AJ's!!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Whatever you do if you are staying in Blackpool is you must go and try this gem of a restaurant. We decided to go for the 3 course + bottle of wine for £50 which is excellent value for the quality of food on offer. I had a lovely chicken caesar salad and Norma had the duck both starter excellent, we both had the same main Chicken wrapped with ham and stuffed with back pudding lovely, I finished with the cheese board and Norma had the cheesecake. We couldn't fault a thing all presently nicely great table service by staff who are genuinely interested in the reasons for you visit to Blackpool. We would certainly pay the restaurant a visit when we are in Blackpool again.

1  Thank Craig_860