We had a 2 night stay here for our first wedding anniversary. The owner was very friendly and informative, he gave us the names of some places to eat, we only tried two only been there for the two nights but he was spot on, they were amazing. The room we had was really nice, clean and had everything we needed. Quite a small ensuite, but again was everything we needed for our stay. The food was lovely, cooked breakfast to order and a selection of other bits to help yourself to. A short walk up the hill to the main street where all the restaurants were and a short walk down the hill to the lake. Plenty of parking around the back of the guest house also. Overall a lovely place to stay, we would definitely go back and would recommend to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious CCTV monitored carpark for 10 vehicles. 7 mins walk to Windermere,15 minutes to Bowness both with Shops, Restaurants & Pubs. 10 mins to railway station. Bus stop nearby with services to all parts of Lake District. Mini bus tours can be arranged with pick-up and drop-off at Newstead. Access to an offsite Spa (5min drive)with heated pool,Tek/gym, sauna,steam room, HOTTUB & Bistro. Passes subject to a small charge and availability. Extra 2Kw heaters in each room for guest comfort.Free Wifi thro'out. Ruskin Lounge - splendid Arts & Crafts lounge strictly for guest use. Guests welcome to bring in their own drinks. William Morris Dining Room where lovely hearty traditional cooked breakfasts are served at individual tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Newstead Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newstead Guest House Hotel Windermere
- Newstead Guest House Windermere, Lake District