Cragwood Country House Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Samling Hotel(Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant(Windermere)
1,118 results
All reviewsolder partamazing weddinglake districtcream teawedding breakfastwedding partyshort breaknothing is too much troublebeautiful hotelsister hoteldining roomsstunning viewsroaring firefrom start to finishcourse mealwould highly recommend this hotelwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2010

My wife and I know the lake district well, having grown up in the area. The Cragwood fitted the bill for us, as it was in the National Park, and handy for all the sights.

The hotel met our every expectation. Our room was simple but roomy and clean with a lovely comfy queen size bed, and overlooked the lake - what a view! The staff at the hotel couldn't do enough to make our stay successful, and helped out with anything we needed. The food is exquisite - we have not tasted food that has so much flavour and is entirely home-made, it was absolutely wonderful.

Would we stay again - you bet we would! If anyone wants a simple hotel (ie no gym, pool, sauna etc) but great accommodation, then look no further.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank algbk
Reviewed 9 July 2010

just come home from another fantastic three days at cragwood.the hotel is a credit to all the people that work there.fantastic value for money,simple luxury nothing to much trouble.room immaculate,bathroom quite small in our room this time but quite adequate.what would you expect from an arts ands crafts house of this age thankyou

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Well situated for Windermere and the surrounding beautiful countryside we enjoyed a 3 night stay here with excellent food, comfortable rooms and although it´s just off the very busy main road it IS quiet and peaceful. Philip´s attention to detail is spot on. Always cheerful and ready to offer tips on trips, routes, days out he also made us feel very much at home.
The gardens and views were so breathtaking you really don´t need to tour around and sit in traffic jams to see the area. Just stay here and you have it all.
Philip my recommendation: get a professional photographer in to show off the grounds and views - sell yourself a little better. One wouldn´t know from the website just how good and well situated the place is !!
Tanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2010

we had a nice stay in this simple hotel, staff was nice, location very convenient and the grouns well kept. the rooms are a bit basic but i think everything is a good match for hte price you pay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank shera1977
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My husband and I decided to go on a last minute trip away. One of my work colleague"s recommended the Cragwood Hotel. My husband I werent disappointed at all. The hotel itself was fantastic and so was the scenery. Just having a stroll down to the edge of Lake Windermere after a lovely breakfast was breathtaking. The staff are absolutely brilliant and nothing was ever too much trouble. May I add, the waiter (I didnt ask his name) had the patience of a saint, as one morning (over breakfast ) a very rude guest came in and ordered the waiter for her breakfast.. The waiter politely smiled and did his job. The waiter I cannot praise enough. I would definetely stay there again and would recomend it to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple