All reviews lake district on arrival king size room guest house box of chocolates warm welcome train station breakfast was excellent pubs and restaurants minute walk lovely place busy road eggs benedict tea and coffee making facilities a lovely stay short break stayed for nights
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a one nights stay at The Ravensworth and couldn't fault it! We stayed in a superior room which was beautiful and had everything we needed; cotton wool pads, wine glasses, filter coffee and disposable slippers etc. Will certainly be checking availability here before our next visit to Windermere.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheRavensworth, Owner at The Ravensworth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for your comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have starting offering Room Only rates this year to give people an option, and it certainly seems to be working.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is a great guest house, thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. I had room 8, which is the single room on the top floor, which was perfect for what I needed. Yes, the room maybe small, but it is a single room and had everything I needed. An en-suite shower room, flat screen TV and tea and coffee available.

The thing that made this place better than most places I have stayed was the breakfast. If you get there at 8.15 the mini croissants are still warm :) There are cold meats, cheese, fruit and cereal available from the self-service section and a wonder selection of cooked options available. I had the breakfast bap on the first day and eggs benedict on the second – perfect to set me up for the day.

The host Nick was most hospitable and was willing to offer advice on the local area. I would stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had a whistle stop tour of the Lake District and we stayed here for one night. The welcome we had was lovely. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms but it was perfect for our needs. Comfortable, clean and the shower was amazing. Breakfast was delicious, we really couldn’t have asked for more and would definitely recommend and go back ourselves.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Stayed for 2 nights. room was a small double but was comfortable . Breakfast was delicious and cooked to order so very hot and tasty. Nick the owner was very friendly and keen to give hints on how to get most out of stay

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed a number of times before meet up with local friends and do own thing too walking wise
Great location, parking and owner Nick great guy and staff friendly
Useful fridge for sandwiches
Breakfast early enough to get onto Fells in reasonable time
Hard to fault be back