All reviews lake district on arrival king size room guest house box of chocolates warm welcome train station minute walk pubs and restaurants breakfast was excellent a lovely place to stay busy road eggs benedict tea and coffee making facilities stayed for nights would stay again local area
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is a great guest house, thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. I had room 8, which is the single room on the top floor, which was perfect for what I needed. Yes, the room maybe small, but it is a single room and had everything I needed. An en-suite shower room, flat screen TV and tea and coffee available.

The thing that made this place better than most places I have stayed was the breakfast. If you get there at 8.15 the mini croissants are still warm :) There are cold meats, cheese, fruit and cereal available from the self-service section and a wonder selection of cooked options available. I had the breakfast bap on the first day and eggs benedict on the second – perfect to set me up for the day.

The host Nick was most hospitable and was willing to offer advice on the local area. I would stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
TheRavensworth, Owner at The Ravensworth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had a whistle stop tour of the Lake District and we stayed here for one night. The welcome we had was lovely. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms but it was perfect for our needs. Comfortable, clean and the shower was amazing. Breakfast was delicious, we really couldn’t have asked for more and would definitely recommend and go back ourselves.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Stayed for 2 nights. room was a small double but was comfortable . Breakfast was delicious and cooked to order so very hot and tasty. Nick the owner was very friendly and keen to give hints on how to get most out of stay

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed a number of times before meet up with local friends and do own thing too walking wise
Great location, parking and owner Nick great guy and staff friendly
Useful fridge for sandwiches
Breakfast early enough to get onto Fells in reasonable time
Hard to fault be back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We received an email a few days before our stay asking us to confirm our arrival time. Guests have the option of checking in from 11 am which gave us more time to explore the area.
We were very warmly greeted by Nick the owner who showed us the facilities and to our room and also recommended activities and walks etc.
Our room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. A hostess tray consisted of several types of tea, coffee, bottled water and biscuits.
The bed was large and comfortable with extra blankets provided in the wardrobe if needed.
There were 2 lounges for guests, one in which tea/coffee was available. The other had a selection of board games and a beautiful chess board table.
Breakfast was served in the dining room. A full english breakfast was NOT an option however there was a cooked options each day. I highly recommend the American pancakes with maple syrup and bacon! The second day I had Eggs Benedict which was delicious. There was also a selection of cereals, cold meats, cheese, yoghurts, warm croissants, fruit juices etc.
The location was excellent for us. Just a few minutes walk from the shops, restaurants and cafes of Windermere so finding somewhere to eat on an evening was easy.
I highly recommend the Ravensworth and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have amended our breakfast menu this year and seems to popular with our guests