All reviewsnick cheryllake districton arrivalking size roombooking directguest housebox of chocolateswarm welcometrain stationminute walkpubs and restaurantsbreakfast was excellenta lovely place to stayafternoon teaeggs benedicttea and coffee making facilitiesstayed for nights
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The hotel was lovely and the staff were very attentive and looked after our every need (especially John) the location is a 2 minute walk from town centre great pubs and restaurants and train station. Breakfast was very good but finished at 9.30am( a little early for us).

Room Tip: We stayed in superior twin, was very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
TheRavensworth, Owner at The Ravensworth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend and had a lovely time. Our room was clean and comfortable, the breakfasts were delicious, there was ample parking and the staff were very friendly. They were also very helpful and knowledgeable about things to do in Windermere. We would certainly return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel T

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel was lovely really nice and great value for money in perfect location the only negative was the check out time which I think was rather early at 10:30, I really liked the little personal touches such as dressing gowns and slippers, really enjoyed my stay ☺️

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry about the 10.30 check out time but we have to get the rooms ready for arrivals, we have never offered late check out as an option.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Great location with off road parking and greeted by Nick.
I had a single room at the top of the house. It was very clean with a modern en suite shower room. It was a bit on the small side but suited me for 2 nights.
There was a decent selection for breakfast, cereal, smorgasbord and cooked. I’m sorry I don’t remember the waiter/cooks name but he was on the ball. My poached eggs were perfect.
I probably would stay here again.
GY

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Geoff Y

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We booked through booking.com well in advance of our break in Windermere the booking was for 4 nights in a standard room.
This is not a hotel as we thought when booking but a guest house it’s very clean and the standard very very good The breakfast is outstanding both John and Nick do a fantastic job we felt very welcome the rooms are restocked daily by John I believe and an excellent job he dose the shower is a bonus that’s always important to us as a couple as you will see from my many reviews .
The only downside was our room it was in the attic we are both pensioners and the two flights of stairs were a real challenge over the 4 days . Also the room was very small we were in number 10 although the view from the window was pleasant just felt like we had the booby prize to add to that I would like to say some of the other rooms doors were left open occasionally and they looked really nice. Maybe booking.com get different rooms to guests that book direct .
We would stay again but would check which room was allocated.
The location is great easy walking distance to some lovely pubs and restaurants really central to public transport, we also found a great taxi app Lakeside Taxis they are truly excellent. We hope to revisit in the summer thanks for reading my review.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
TheRavensworth, Owner at The Ravensworth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you so much for your review and we are glad your had an enjoyable time with us over New Year. I would like to point out that you booked our Standard Double Room which is the cheapest available, the other rooms you would have seen are either our King or Superior Rooms which are larger, with larger beds, but are more expensive. You certainly didn't receive the booby prize, it's just that you booked the cheapest. Next time you visit please have a look at the different options, it is also always cheaper to book direct with us, rather than through an online travel agent who we have to pay commission to. We are delighted you enjoyed the breakfasts and your time with us.