“Nice and cosey”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice and cosey”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed here for one night...at first my booking was not on their calander and I had to call to confirm that my booking was definatley on thier system...cut a long story short I had a pleasant stay in this hotel. The staff were friendly and approchable and agreed to store my bags in a safe place as I arrived early. The enviroment was clean and noise free which I especially liked.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed at the Glenburn Hotel on 27/28 May with our two daughters aged 8 and 10 and had a lovely time. On arrival we were met by Jackie, the owner who was very welcoming and showed us to our room which was spacious,clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in a perfect spot within walking distance of Bowness & Windermere. Food was delicious and the beds were comfy. We had a lovely time at the Glenburn and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

.My wife and I are both originally from Cambridge UK and now live in Pickering, ON. Canada.

This was my first trip to the Lake District (my Wife's second). We had stayed overnight in Bolton, Lancashire and then travelled on to Windermere. We did not have reservations at any location. After checking out two other places for accommodations we went to the Glenburn Hotel and met with the Owner who offered us complimentary coffee. We viewed the double room which met our expectations completely. The ensuite bathroom had been renovated with modern fixtures.

We decided to make dinner reservations and were able to select our requirements from the excellent menu. As well as my entree I chose a dessert pie that required an early selection since it was homemade. The wine menu although not extensive it provided us with a good bottle of Rioja.

The following morning we had the Full English breakfast (included in the room price) and it was excellent. Our waitress, Zuzana, was excellent in every respect during our dinner and breakfast.

We would recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone visiting the Windermere area because of it's convenient location as a base for sightseeing and the quality of accommodation, food and service.

Jean & Keith Ward

Room Tip: Book early so as not to be disappointed since the Glenburn appears to be a very popular place to sta...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith W
glenglen, Owner at The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Hello hope you are both well you are probably back in Canada by now. It was nice to meet you both and you did catch me unawares in the lounge shoes off resting my tired feet eating my yoghurt...... I was so pleased you saw the funny side. I will pass your nice comments to Suzi she will be delighted as she has only been with us a short while. Thank you again see you next time you come back to England.
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I had gone to Glenburn with my wife and daughter and stayed there for 3 nights. Glenburn is fantastically placed between the city of Windermere and Bowness. , this makes it a very convenient spot to either go towards the lake or towards the city center.
The hotel is a beautiful place to stay, don't expect a lavish place, but it is a very cosy and comfortable space, It is clearly seen that the idea of the owners to give the best of service to the customer, has percolated down to the staff also. The staff is limited, but very cheerful and always ready to help. In fact the day we were to check out, the staff took an extra effort to open the kitchen early and give us the breakfast.
The owners are also very friendly and always eager to help. The rooms are nice and comfortable, We stayed in room no 14 and it was a real good experience. The breakfast is good and has a decent variety to offer.
The hotel provides free WiFi, but the range is not very strong, in some ways it is good, as it allows you to enjoy the beauty of the place. If you ask me, then Glenburn is the place to stay in Windermere at a value for money cost and some really amazing staff

Room Tip: There are some really good rooms on the second floor, if only a couple is going, for three people, r...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Hello how are you it was so nice for me to spend a little time with you looking at the trees and shrubs in the garden and the weather was so beautiful you could not have picked a better time to visit the Lake District. Yes it is a very enchanting place we are very lucky to live in such beautiful surroundings. We hope one day you will come and stay with us again. Thank you so much
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The Glenburn what a fantastic place to stay .The room was very clean ,warm and welcoming.The staff are kind friendly and helpful and the food also fantastic.We had a wonderful time thanks to everybody at the Glenburn .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
glenglen, Owner at The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Wonderfull review thank you. Congratulations for reaching 25 years you should be very proud of yourselves that is a great achievement nowadays. Still very much Mr Romantic treating you to all those little extras in the room. Hope you visit us again to celebrate many more aniversaries. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windermere
0.6 km away
2.8 km away
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#3 of 20 in Windermere

Been to The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK