“Simply Paradise”

Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 45
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: ADULT ONLY Allow us to tempt you with a diverse choice of dishes, prepared from the freshest local Cumbrian produce, with seasonal twists that remind you of your countryside location. A truly social setting for devoted food lovers. The restaurant takes the form of a conservatory which boasts stunning views towards the fells surrounding Windermere and is a place that can be enjoyed by those romantically inclined as well as those celebrating a special occasion. Probably one of the best restaurants in Windermere, Applegarth Villa produces exquisite food in a relaxed environment. This is the perfect place to indulge in a menu which will set your taste buds alive. After dinner, enjoy coffee and liquors beside a roaring fire in one of our two comfortable lounges. Our Head Chef uses only the finest ingredients, promoting where possible local produce. We hope you enjoy The Applegarth Villa experience and Head Chef, John Kelly will only be too pleased to discuss any special dietary requirements you may have. We would advise booking to avoid disappointment. In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children into our Windermere restaurant.
Reviewed 21 September 2018

My wife and I dined here over two nights as well as having a full cooked breakfast. All I can say is that the excellent food was cooked to our exacting standards and the service could not be faulted I am trying to think of a small negative for those sceptical travellers but I truly cannot. SPLENDID

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We ate here for a birthday meal while staying in Windemere. The set menu is good value for money but we had the steak which bumped up the cost considerably due to the surcharge. However the service was good and our birthday recognised with some decorations on the table. The food was good.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We ate here one of the nights we stayed at the hotel and had amazing food and service. When we went down for dinner we were asked if we wanted to have a look at the menu while having a drink in the bar. This isn't something we come across often anymore and something that we think should be more commonplace as it is a much more relaxed way to pick your choices for the night. Once our starters were ready, we were taken to our table. The ham terrine to start was lovely and just the right amount of food as well. The same can be said for the duck as a main with perfect al dente veg to go with it. I could not choose between the sticky toffee pudding and brownie for desert and the waiter was very helpful with my dilemma. We ended the meal feeling full, but not overfull or still hungry, just about right. Altogether, great food and service all for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We weren’t staying here but booked to eat in the restaurant around 6.30pm. There were only 3 couples in so nice and quiet. I had a steak which was absolutely delicious and my husband had the chicken which again was lovely. If I was visiting Windermere again I’d definitely stay and eat here.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Spent a very enjoyable evening here. We arrived early to have a cocktail before eating and were able to choose our food so it was waiting for us when we were taken to our table. If you're looking for somewhere a bit special this is the place to go,

1  Thank blakes11