Rosemount
Very Good 4/5
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb blake districtguest houseroom was large and comfortablespa passmin strolleither directionmacdonald hotelbreakfast roomsingle roomdeep bathfriendly ownersbreakfast was deliciouswarm welcomeperfect stayon arrivallocal area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

this is the third time we have stayed here and it gets better every time. Room was superb, bath was very welcome and breakfasts wonderful. So nice to have real preserves rather than the ubquitous little prepacked pots! Well done, Andrew and Louise, you have worked really hard.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was only in the area for 2 nights, but was made welcome by Andrew as soon as I arrived. I was impressed by the style of the B+B which was both modern and sympathetic to the building.

I stayed in the small single at the rear of the hotel and I can say it is perfectly formed. It had everything I needed and was still roomy enough to be very comfortable.

My early morning runs around Windermere and Bowness were soundly rewarded by a wonderful veggie breakfast.

Having the use of the spa and swimming pool in the nearby MacDonald Hotel was a nice touch (I recommend the ice room - no, seriously!)

Great place, will come again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed during Easter holidays for 3 nights and enjoyed the very warm welcome and through the stay 5 star service.

Andrew and Louise are really nice people and knows very well to look after the customers.
For our next visit and to recommend any one I don't any internet search any more in Windermere-Lake district, UK. Rosemount will be off course our first choice always for lovely holidays with these hosts.

Anyone looking for peace and quite place by the lake winder-mere please visit Rosemount.
All the best from me and my friends.

Amir from London

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here for four nights it was part of my 50th b'day present from our son and daughters. Andrew and Louise have done a beautiful restoration on this gorgeous home. Everything about the stay was relaxing. We were shown all of the rooms and they are really nicely furnished. Breakfast was substantial (cooked by Andrew I believe). The couple are really nice genuine people with two delightful little girls. Free Admission into the spa and pool at the McDonalds New England hotel is a great bonus.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Situated between Bowness-on-Windermere and Windermere itself, Rosemount provided the perfect location from which to explore. Andrew and Louise were welcoming and Louise was able to let us know of some good places to see and eat.

We stayed in room 6 which was small but well layed out overlooking the rear of the house. The room was clean and the bathroom very modern- very good value for money although my only complaint was that the bed was a little hard.

Breakfast was lovely and we were late on the 2nd morning but Andrew very kindly offered to still serve a cooked breakfast if we should want it.

Overall the stay was fantastic, the location brilliant and the owners helpful and friendly. We will definitely return again on our next trip to the Lakes.

Room Tip: Room 6 was the smallest double, if we were to return we would probably opt for a larger double.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple