“Disappointment!! NOT WORTH THE MONEY”

Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed over with my other half and our 2 year old, for New Year’s Eve. Paid decent money for a night. The bedroom was tiny, carpets had black stains on them, and it was all just very basic. The only decent thing was the bathroom. The only thing that saved a full disappointment was the indoor sauna, pool and the jacuzzi. The breakfast was pretty decent. Had a chat with the manager and told them about how bad the room was, and was promised to receive a call from the general manager in regards to it, no one bothered! Won’t bother again. There’s plenty of better options in Lake District, if ur paying the kind of money this place charges. If u want a dated dirty room, then go ahead.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Ash K

Reviewed 11 January 2018

10 of us stayed here for 2 nights over new year and couldnt fault the place, Jonathan the hotel manager and all the staff were very helpful and attentive, our rooms were amazing with wonderful views over the lake and the new year fireworks were spectacular, the pool and spa area are beautiful and i would definately recommend a dip in the outside hot tub, the food all weekend was great and considering how many of us there was we never waited long to be served, i would definitely re visit and reccommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here so many times at least twice every year for the past ten years. The hotel is always a perfect get away for me. We had a large room with patio doors leading towards the lake. This hotel is excellent if you have a dog there’s a lovely area at the back of the hotel for a walk. My favourite is the pool area, I absolutely love the pool and the stand and tan

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Myself and my gf (both mid 20s) wanted a night away over the bank holiday weekend and started to browse online. Looked at Wales and the Lakes mainly and settled on the Beech Hill Spa and Hotel as found it reasonable at 97.20 including breakfast and the views from the photos looked incredible

In the car and away we go.

To be honest when driving down the main road from windermere and looking to the left courtesy of the sat nav for the hotel we didn't think much upon seeing it creep up on us. Parked down on the car park to the rear and felt a little better . Looked up at the bar terrace and perked up a little more.

Entering via the main entrance up 3 flights of stairs we again were a little apprehensive. But once you hit the lounge / reception area and see the views out the window all worries flew away if I'm honest.

We were given room 93. It was a lovely room I must say. However didn't look like the photos (not necessarily a totally bad thing) it felt more like a really cosy comfortable bed room as opposed to a hotel room.

I must say the room could benefit from a mirror above the dressing table, my other half was stressing on how to straighten hair as no plug next to full length mirror to stand in, so I improvis3d and took the full length mirror off the wall and lay it across the dressing table then replaced it. Job done lol

Room 93 is up 3 flights of stairs from the reception (kind of the attic if u will) and as no lift due to the shape of the property I wouldn't say it's disabled friendly or pram friendly as only one lot of 10 rooms on the same floor.

The room was spotless and clean however with a partial view of the lake and partial view of the road to the front as it overlooks the side of the hotel.

We got changed and went down to the spa and I must say, although some reviews say you can't sell a hotel room on views and the quality of food (not that the hotel does try to) I'd pay the same price again for the views alone. Sitting in the Outdoor hot tub whilst overlooking lake windermere was a lovely relaxing experience. Helped immensely by the lovely weather too.

We genuinely felt like we was abroad when lay on sun loungers around the hot in looking at the view and occasionally sitting in the hot tub.

The swimming pool was a little cold (girlfriend was straight in, took me 5 mins to take the plunge after dipping a foot in lol) but was clean, tidy and we'll maintained. Steam room and sauna also great.

It is recommended to book a table for Dinner/ Tea as the hotel is known to provide lovely food all told

We heard many people complimenting the quality of food however one look at the prices and we chose to head into Windermere to have a walk and eat tea.

The terrace overlooking the back of the hotel offers lovely views to have a drink. However we found the prices to be a little steep even for the type of place. Having stayed in best westerns and hilton I don't expect whetherspoon prices but I'd expect change from a tenner for 2 drinks lol
Kopper burg were £5
2 large cokes were £4.50 each
A vodka lime and lemonade was £6.20
And bells and coke was 4.80.
Not London prices but considering I'm writing this sat in a hotel in Scotland with work were currently paying £2.10 for a bells and coke whilst still having a lovely view I feel it's a little expensive

The breakfast offered lots of choice. Especially happy black pudding was on the menu. However the sausages to me seemed very firm. Eggs done perfectly and bacon was nice too.

The hotel is made up of 7 floors and have extensive grounds to the back down to the lake. 2 jettys for boat mooring and picnic type benches down at the water edge for enjoying a drink.

Will hopefully be returning as have an annual tradition with mum and her partner to go away to a hotel for valentines weekend which we have done for 3 years and after seeing the photos she really has her heart set on Beech Hill next Feb.

Well worth the money, but not as a regular thing as a one night stay with 4 drinks in the hotel ended up being a dear affair

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We checked out as quick as we checked in....the hotel is an absolute dive.

We arrived to this hotel which is In the middle of no where...there’s no where walkable. We had to enter by the back entrance which was down narrow creaky corridors with very worn and dated carpet and decor. Up a small flight of stairs we arrived at reception. The lobby was under work & smelt like an old man pub (stale beer). The carpets were up, surrounded by work men drilling, on ladders, banging. We checked in & went to our room. Room 41, oh my god...a 4*???! Come on!! I barely looked at it but I walked out. The view was the car park. The bed was lumpy, old and uncomfortable. The decor was dated. Skirting boards hanging off. Tiny TV. Bathroom was vile. And it smelt like peas! I have had better in a £30 premier inn. And we were charged £90 for the room. Went back to reception and asked for the manager.

To be fair to her, she was very nice, very understanding and did offer to show us another room. But no way was I staying there. The lobby was in pieces. It smelt. And frankly I felt ripped off. We got a full refund and went to the Old macdonald down the road...same price and much nicer, with the option to Nearby pubs.

How would I describe this hotel? Faulty towers.

No idea what people are on about in other reviews it’s awful & im no snob.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sam C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windermere
6.8 km away
39 km away
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
4.5 km away
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
4.9 km away
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Beech Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK