All reviewsoutdoor jacuzzihot tubwordsworth suitesteam roomlake viewno liftchanging facilitiesmy partnerbooked this hotelbuffet stylerestaurant staffpatio doorsafternoon teaa bit tiredcourse evening mealfabulous viewsamazing hotel
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here so many times at least twice every year for the past ten years. The hotel is always a perfect get away for me. We had a large room with patio doors leading towards the lake. This hotel is excellent if you have a dog there’s a lovely area at the back of the hotel for a walk. My favourite is the pool area, I absolutely love the pool and the stand and tan

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Myself and my gf (both mid 20s) wanted a night away over the bank holiday weekend and started to browse online. Looked at Wales and the Lakes mainly and settled on the Beech Hill Spa and Hotel as found it reasonable at 97.20 including breakfast and the views from the photos looked incredible

In the car and away we go.

To be honest when driving down the main road from windermere and looking to the left courtesy of the sat nav for the hotel we didn't think much upon seeing it creep up on us. Parked down on the car park to the rear and felt a little better . Looked up at the bar terrace and perked up a little more.

Entering via the main entrance up 3 flights of stairs we again were a little apprehensive. But once you hit the lounge / reception area and see the views out the window all worries flew away if I'm honest.

We were given room 93. It was a lovely room I must say. However didn't look like the photos (not necessarily a totally bad thing) it felt more like a really cosy comfortable bed room as opposed to a hotel room.

I must say the room could benefit from a mirror above the dressing table, my other half was stressing on how to straighten hair as no plug next to full length mirror to stand in, so I improvis3d and took the full length mirror off the wall and lay it across the dressing table then replaced it. Job done lol

Room 93 is up 3 flights of stairs from the reception (kind of the attic if u will) and as no lift due to the shape of the property I wouldn't say it's disabled friendly or pram friendly as only one lot of 10 rooms on the same floor.

The room was spotless and clean however with a partial view of the lake and partial view of the road to the front as it overlooks the side of the hotel.

We got changed and went down to the spa and I must say, although some reviews say you can't sell a hotel room on views and the quality of food (not that the hotel does try to) I'd pay the same price again for the views alone. Sitting in the Outdoor hot tub whilst overlooking lake windermere was a lovely relaxing experience. Helped immensely by the lovely weather too.

We genuinely felt like we was abroad when lay on sun loungers around the hot in looking at the view and occasionally sitting in the hot tub.

The swimming pool was a little cold (girlfriend was straight in, took me 5 mins to take the plunge after dipping a foot in lol) but was clean, tidy and we'll maintained. Steam room and sauna also great.

It is recommended to book a table for Dinner/ Tea as the hotel is known to provide lovely food all told

We heard many people complimenting the quality of food however one look at the prices and we chose to head into Windermere to have a walk and eat tea.

The terrace overlooking the back of the hotel offers lovely views to have a drink. However we found the prices to be a little steep even for the type of place. Having stayed in best westerns and hilton I don't expect whetherspoon prices but I'd expect change from a tenner for 2 drinks lol
Kopper burg were £5
2 large cokes were £4.50 each
A vodka lime and lemonade was £6.20
And bells and coke was 4.80.
Not London prices but considering I'm writing this sat in a hotel in Scotland with work were currently paying £2.10 for a bells and coke whilst still having a lovely view I feel it's a little expensive

The breakfast offered lots of choice. Especially happy black pudding was on the menu. However the sausages to me seemed very firm. Eggs done perfectly and bacon was nice too.

The hotel is made up of 7 floors and have extensive grounds to the back down to the lake. 2 jettys for boat mooring and picnic type benches down at the water edge for enjoying a drink.

Will hopefully be returning as have an annual tradition with mum and her partner to go away to a hotel for valentines weekend which we have done for 3 years and after seeing the photos she really has her heart set on Beech Hill next Feb.

Well worth the money, but not as a regular thing as a one night stay with 4 drinks in the hotel ended up being a dear affair

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We checked out as quick as we checked in....the hotel is an absolute dive.

We arrived to this hotel which is In the middle of no where...there’s no where walkable. We had to enter by the back entrance which was down narrow creaky corridors with very worn and dated carpet and decor. Up a small flight of stairs we arrived at reception. The lobby was under work & smelt like an old man pub (stale beer). The carpets were up, surrounded by work men drilling, on ladders, banging. We checked in & went to our room. Room 41, oh my god...a 4*???! Come on!! I barely looked at it but I walked out. The view was the car park. The bed was lumpy, old and uncomfortable. The decor was dated. Skirting boards hanging off. Tiny TV. Bathroom was vile. And it smelt like peas! I have had better in a £30 premier inn. And we were charged £90 for the room. Went back to reception and asked for the manager.

To be fair to her, she was very nice, very understanding and did offer to show us another room. But no way was I staying there. The lobby was in pieces. It smelt. And frankly I felt ripped off. We got a full refund and went to the Old macdonald down the road...same price and much nicer, with the option to Nearby pubs.

How would I describe this hotel? Faulty towers.

No idea what people are on about in other reviews it’s awful & im no snob.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Sam C
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner in December. First impressions wasn't what we expected from photos, black dirty chimney and scruffy back entrance from the car park however once we reached the lounge we were greeted by a busy lounge area that was beautifully decorated with Christmas decorations. Arrived at reception however there was no staff and had to wait a little. Eventually they appeared from the room behind reception and checked us in. We were given room 40 which was a shock. Dirty carpets, old fashioned bathroom with black grout, head board not straight and dusty bedsides. Returned to reception, again no staff. After waiting a couple of minutes she returned and we explained how disappointed we were with the room. At this point we were ready to check out. The receptionist said she would get the duty manager and to take a seat. After only a couple of minutes we were greeted by the duty manager Chloe. After explaining our disappointment again, She explained the hotel was fully booked however she would have a look at her Calendar and see what she could do and provided us with tea/coffee whilst we waited. When she returned she offered to take us to look around another room once we had finished our drinks. She showed us room 80 which was beautiful and recently redecorated. She apologised, arranged a young porter to move luggage and informed us that if we needed anything at all to dial from our room and ask for herself. After this the hotel redeemed itself. Amazing views from our new room, lovely spa area, tasty food and service throughout the rest of our stay was faultless. Would we return, honestly if it wasn't for Chloe and her virtuosity and that amazing view no however following our room move and the service throughout we couldn't fault it, so yes, we will be back!

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Navigate748146
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

What an amazing place, perfect for a romantic night away. Stunning setting right overlooking the lake. The restaurant was very nice with lake views too. The hot tub outside is well worth a dip. All in All I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Windermere.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple