All reviewsoutdoor jacuzzihot tubwordsworth suitesteam roomlake viewno liftchanging facilitiesmy partnerbooked this hotelbuffet stylerestaurant staffpatio doorsafternoon teaa bit tiredcourse evening mealfabulous viewsamazing hotel
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Room superb
Views brilliant
Swimming pool wonderfully
Jacuzzi out of this world
Service fantastic
Food sublime
A few days away in this hotel to recharge the batteries after Christmas is just the ticket . The only downside is that it's a good walk into the town of bowness but your in the lake district and that what you are supposed to do the bar and lounge area I really comfortable and welcoming the laid-back atmosphere in the bar area makes you feel at ease all in all a very nice atmosphere
We got this hotle on a special offer that was advertised one of the many special offer sites which made it even better

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank binnsysenior
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Myself, my wife and my 2 year old stayed at the Beech Hill for a short break over the festive period, we initially requested the Wordsworth Suite which unfortunately had already been booked, however booked the Ruskin Room (29).

Room - We were pleased with the room itself. very clean, new bathroom with powerful shower, amazing views however we were let down by the fact the room never really reached a comfortable temperature and was always chilly, it was made worse due to having my two year old with us.
I think is mainly due to the room being quite large and having only one radiator.
The bed was excellent; it was large, comfortable and had good quality bedding.

Food - We only ate here for breakfast and the surroundings were lovely as the large windows allowed for views onto the lake and towards to hills. Food wasn’t always as hot as I’d like however we were late risers, breakfast items were always restocked and were of good quality. My only gripe with the food was the extra supplementary prices for salmon and eggs etc. which I didn’t feel was necessary having already paid for a suite and should have been complimentary.

Pool – Modern, clean and well designed with both sauna and steam room however the water was very cold and not suitable for my two year old who was looking forward to the pool more than anything else and we had to get out after 5 minutes as she was shaking.

Staff – Cannot be faulted. They were hard working, helpful and attentive throughout.

Overview – We paid £563 for two nights between the 27th-29th December and although we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves around the area and in the hotel which had been decorated beautifully we felt the price wasn’t quite right, for over £280 per night we were disappointed with what we got for the price. No special seating in the restaurant although others appeared to have somehow reserved the better tables, no assistance with luggage on arrival and had to carry it down several sets of stairs to our room, surprised that the room we stayed in is advertised as the Ruskin Suite online however there is no mention of it anywhere throughout the hotel and simply referred to as room 29. For us this was a lot of money and was a birthday treat however we didn’t feel as though we received anything special.

Room Tip: For value for money choose a premier room rather than a suite.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Molls72002
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We decided that we wanted to go away for new year instead of being at home so last minute we booked 3 night stay here. Mainly booked due to the pictures and the spa area. We just wanted a chilled time away doing something different over new year.

Before we arrived I thought I’d ring to book table for the evening as it was New Year’s Eve. We were told it was a package deal which would be £85 each - we thought it was a bit steep! Covered a 5 course meal (which was very nice), arrival drink, magician (who was very good but we only seen once!) and a live band then fire works at midnight (best we had seen. They were impressive!) still £170 for the both us!

The room- well, you’d think I’d learn by now the photos on the booking sites are always the best rooms and to read reviews but I always think they’re people moaning so don’t bother.

The room itself was basic but cleanand we had a view of the lake which was lovely however, the bathroom was a huge disappointment - very small and mould in places. The shower was lovely and powerful and it was clean which is also important. The lighting in the room was awful. Was like sitting in a cave trying to get ready and the mirror if you sit at the dressing table you can’t see in the mirror as it’s to high!

The other reviews are right about the noise you can hear from every other room. Again I just thought people were just being picky but you honestly feel like you are sharing your room with everyone else. The floor boards creak so every step they take you hear, they sneeze you literally hear it, when they talk you could join in the conversations! The beds creek which seems to be the same in every room. You just sit on the bed and they creak. The bed it self are not comfortable. Prob worse 3 night sleep. They are hard, the pillows are flat and the quilt is very thin so you do get cold!

The pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are lovely. Very nicely done with the windows in the roof of the pool and the jacuzzi looking over the lake. The pool is quite cold but the jacuzzi is lovely and hot. We were lucky as it wasn’t overly busy but if it had been I think you’d struggle to get in the jacuzzi as it’s very popular! The changing rooms is tiny and you do share with both genders which is tad uncomfortable at times!

The staff there are lovely and always doing the best to make sure you’re happy and comfortable. They work very hard and long hours. Feel like they never left whilst we were here! The bar area is very cosy with the fire and all the Christmas decs with board games to keep you occupied!

I’d rate this more a 3* but this is mainly due to the room itself not anything’s else!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bronwin H
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I could go on forever so I'll keep it sweet:

- Beautiful rooms with stunning views.
- Polite, attentive & friendly staff; particularly Aiden.
- The most incredible food. Genuinely the best pieces of duck, lamb & steak I have had in ages.
- Immaculate spa with breathtaking views from the hot tub.
- A complimentary boat trip!

I would come back here in a heart beat. Thank you for a memorable Christmas.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bex W
Reviewed 29 December 2017

This was a fab place to stay, right beside the lake with the most stunning views. There are lots of stairs and no lift so be cautious of this is any mobility problems. The buffet breakfast were great - hot food hot and plentiful, we only ate in the restaurant one night and found it a bit expensive but food was grand. I hopped into the outside Jacuzzi which was a bit too hot for me but again a stunning view, the pool was a bit too busy to use which was a shame. Loads to see and do in the area so recommend it as the perfect base for exploring all thing Beatrix Potter!!

Room Tip: Ask for room on reception level to avoid too many stairs!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple