Really enjoyed our recent stay, staff friendly on reception and bar, food was very nice even though our first choice wasn't available. The position is wonderful right on the edge of the lake.
The lodge was warm, clean and well presented, however I have some hopefully, constructive criticism: the rooms were very sparse, for example no bedside lamps, no mirror in one bedroom, no real creature comforts. The kitchen really didn't have enough equipment: 4 plates, cups, forks, glasses!! what is the point of a dish washer when there is barely enough to put in it? especialy between courses.
Now to my biggest criticism, the pillows, for goodness sake, i have slept on thicker pillow cases in my time, please, please, invest an extra pound or two in some pillows that one can actually use. I had to go and buy one so that I could actually get some sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere in one of the most idyllic and scenic locations in the very heart of the Lake District. White Cross Bay is set within picturesque woodland, and with red deer and rabbits as local residents, a break here is sure to take you back to nature. There’s something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a quiet break or active escape. Enjoy the indoor pool, gym, spa pool, sauna and steam room to feel totally rejuvenated. For the more adventurous there’s an abundance of local walking tracks with stunning views of the Lake District or try the Treetop trek in Brockhole National Park. White Cross Bay is located between Ambleside and Windermere so there is a wide variety of pubs, cafes, restaurants. Popular eateries in the local area are Pedros, The Flying Pig, The Drunken Duck, The Albert, Zefferellis and The Wild Boar that has a very special reputation locally and nationally for its quality of food and drink experience and White Cross Bay even have their own marina on Lake Windermere with boat launching facilities – a walk along the boardwalk to see the boats and ducks is a must! The perfect way to finish your day is with a homemade meal and drink in the restaurant and bar on site. Why not take advantage of our holiday childcare facility for children aged 2 - 8yrs, and enjoy a few hours to yourself? ... more less
- Also Known As:
- White Cross Bay Leisure Park And Marina
- White Cross Bay Leisure Park & Marina Hotel Windermere
- White Cross Bay Holiday Park Windermere, Lake District