“Windermere luxury”
Review of Windermere Suites

Windermere Suites
Ranked #34 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2012

To say that Windermere Suites is swish is an understatement of the highest order. My wife and I stayed here as part of our first wedding anniversary celebrations as part of a secret escapes deal that included wine, chocolates and rose petals on the bed at a reduced rate. We stayed in the Keswick suite which is large and spacios and lacks nothing. The furniture is comfortable, the bed luxurious and the bathroom is beyond words in modern gadgetary and top relaxation. It has mood lighting, a spa bath that is self cleaning, waterfall taps and a shower that is the real deal and is walk in. The room was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The table we used for breakfast in the room, superb choice and good vegetarian options. We also had lunch in the room and enjoyed our pizza and drinks. It is close to Windermere town centre and the shops, restaurants and also not far from the lake and the station. The mini bar is affordable and well stocked and as already mentioned the tea and cofee facilities are plentiful and in a walk in wardrobe. Windermere suites is pure luxury and is a beatiful spot for a special romantic occasion. It suited us in every way and is pure class and well thought out. The service was excellent at check in and check out, friendly and accomodating. Windermere suites is worth every penny, a fantastic place to stay for our special occasion.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Windermere Suites

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We recently returned from a wonderful weekend break in the Lake District, staying in the Ambleside Suite at the Windermere Suites. The room was extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was fantastic and breakfast was delicious. It is well situated to walk into Windermere to eat and ideal for exploring the south Lakes. Whilst not cheap, it was worth every penny, and we would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

You literally get what you pay for here. This luxurious B & B is certainly not cheap or average but worth every hard earned penny! As a couple you could not ask for more. We arrived for a 2 night stay on a Friday afternoon. When we booked, we chose the Hawkshead Suite and that is what we had, on the first floor. This is a big oldish house that has been decorated in a wonderful contemporary way. You are greeted in reception and your bags taken to your room as you check in. Just watch the sofa in reception - you literally sink in!! Then you are collected and taken to your room. As we went in and closed the door, we stood looking at the room and then back to each other and both said 'WOW'. Amazing. Then the bathroom, it takes your breath away. Mood lightening in the ceiling, mirror and the actual shower head!. The bath is a spa bath and you could fit 4 people in if so required! The walk in wardrobe contained the tea, coffee etc as well as the mini bar. Still water. teas, coffee (cafeteire also) hot choc and quality biscuits are all complimentary. But this was the most well stock mini bar I have come across and the prices were not out of this world. We had the Romance Package which included wine, chocolates and rose petals on the bed. BREAKFAST: you completed your order the night before - this is delivered to your room - on time and hot the following morning. The young lady set it on our table the first morning. Lots of vegetarian options too. We didnt eat lunch - you didnt need it after this breakfast! You do not have to leave this room if you do not want to!!! Room service prices are also not too extreme. But if you wonder down towards the lake at Bowness, about a 15 minute stroll, you come across an array of restuarants, bistros etc. Our second evening we went to the Angel Inn. You have to book in the restuarant but can just turn up if you want to eat in the bar or gardens. Food is delicious and we shared a starter and both had a main. £30. We'd go back again. If you walk the other way from the B & B - you come across the largest Lakeland store I have seen! It was raining whilst we were there so took advantage of free spa passes offered by the B&B. A short walk into Bowness and an afternoon totally free at the spa in the Old England hotel. Try the Ice Room!!! I totally recommend this B & B to anyone wanting that wonderful spoilt feeling. Secret Escapes sometimes offer the Windermere Suites at a reduced price. Check them out. I could go on and on about this B & B...........................

Room Tip: Do not choose the Coniston Suite if you want total privacy. The room looks out onto the carpark and...
3  Thank Tweekie101
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed in some top class hotels - The Lowry and The Radisson Edwardian to name two - but this B and B surpasses all that they have to offer in terms of the accommodation, staff and breakfast. Absolutely everything is top spec and really well thought-out, even down to the waterfall taps with mood lighting! The fact that you can have your breakfast in your suite wearing a robe they've provided makes it even better. I can't use enough superlatives to describe how staying here made us feel. Fantastic just does not cover it. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cartmel Suite, but I think all the suites are just as good judging by the photos.
2  Thank valjohno
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here as a late birthday treat. We stayed in the Coniston suite which is much smaller and less private in what it looks like in the pictures. The patio leads to the main road and the bed is right next to the patio doors which feels unsafe and I am not a fan of ground floor rooms anyway.

A few hours into our stay we got a call from my boyfriends brother saying his nephew had been involved in a terrible accident and had been rushed to hospital. We obviously had to leave to go straight to the hospital which was about 3 hours away from lake district anyway and we had only been in the suite for about 4 hours when we had to leave due to this emergency. My boyfriend was inevitably upset about his nephew and quite worried so we had to rush out. I've only just found out from my boyfriend that he was asked to pay full price for both of the nights we booked which totalled to 500 POUNDS FOR 4 HOURS!!!! Hearing this disgusts me as it is a lot of money and i didnt want to stay at such an expensive place anyway but to find out that the woman charged us after seeing how upset my boyfriend was and KNOWING it was a life threatening emergency just makes me wonder how money-driven and heartless some people can be. My boyfriend paid up because at that time his priority was his nephew but had i have known I would have challenged this with staff.

I hope you feel ashamed and disgusted with your actions. Its sad to think that society is so greedy that even when things happen beyond our control, things that are life threatening there will still be some people who lack compassion and refuse to waiver the rules they have which are too strict in the first place.

I would understand if we were charged for one night having atleast have stayed for 4 hours but to have been charged for our booked second night is abominable. I will be writing to the hotel to seek compensation but don't hold much hope. I cant believe my boyfriend never told me earlier.:@

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple