“Lovely Hosts with Good Location”

Broadlands Guest House
Ranked #16 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and would definitely go back. Our hosts were lovely and very chatty and gave us lots of information and guidence about the area such as activities and restaurants. The bed was comfortable and we had everything we needed in our room, including little extra touches i.e. a small box of choclates. The breakfast was lovely, I ecspecially liked the fruit and yogurt! This B&B was located just a 10min walk from windermere station and it was near an abudance of shops and restaurants. It is about a 20min walk from the main piers on Windermere lake and the ferry crossing, the whole area is beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank McCaspa

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We usually choose self-catering when on holiday but as a short break we decided being waited on for breakfast would make a welcome change.
Our room was spotlessly clean and overlooked the park at the front. The bed was comfortable and while the bathroom was compact it had a decent shower, a small sink and a toilet, nothing missing and a few nice touches like cotton buds and nice toiletries. The hosts were chatty, pleasant and helpful.

Locationwise it's great for exploring on foot, by bus or by train (we don't drive) and all the amenities are right nearby, including shops, pubs, restaurants, bus stops, train station etc....

Breakfast was worth it alone. A great mixed fruit salad and yoghurt, or cereals to begin and a good hot, well cooked breakfast with good local produce including really delicious sausages!!!

I'll definitely recommend Broadlands and I'd definitely go back. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bewildergirl
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I don't usually do reviews but had to leave a review of Broadlands this time. I recently returned from my fourth stay at Broadlands in as many years, which in itself tells you how much I like this guest house. From the moment I arrived on my first visit I was made to feel really welcome and Broadlands has now become a real 'home from home'. There is a lovely atmosphere at Broadlands and this is totally down to Janette and Brian. Thery are both so kind and always cheerful, and will do anything to ensure their guests have a good stay. The breakfast is superb and plentiful, and beautifully presented. The bed is of a high quality, which ensures a good night's sleep, and I can honestly say the bedlinen and bath towels are the nicest I've found anywhere. (and how nice to have a bath sheet, rather than a bath towel, which falls off everytime you try and wrap it round you!) Everything is spotlessly clean and the guest house is also in an excellent location. I struck really lucky when I found Broadlands and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Windermere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I was actually in the Broadlands Guesthouse in august 2009, but I did not know this internet site back then. I absolutely adored this guest house! It is small, convenient and the couple that manages it is very friendly and gives a lot of information about Windermere and the lake district whenever you like that. The breakfast was lovely and you can take a lot of tours for which you can have a pick up at the hotel. The managing couple is enthousiastic and I loved being their for about 7 days, it was like being at home. I am definitely going back there next year, the lake district really got me!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We did,nt stay at this Guest house but the lady was very helpful and found somewhere else for us to stay as she was full. For this reason we recomend theb/b

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple