All reviewsjelly beanscooked breakfastlake districthomemade muffinspublic car parkgave us some great adviceclean bedfull english breakfasthome from homehighly recommend this b beverything you could possibly needfeel very welcomelovely hostsperfect locationfriendly place to stayhope to visit againdefinately stay here
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I don't usually do reviews but had to leave a review of Broadlands this time. I recently returned from my fourth stay at Broadlands in as many years, which in itself tells you how much I like this guest house. From the moment I arrived on my first visit I was made to feel really welcome and Broadlands has now become a real 'home from home'. There is a lovely atmosphere at Broadlands and this is totally down to Janette and Brian. Thery are both so kind and always cheerful, and will do anything to ensure their guests have a good stay. The breakfast is superb and plentiful, and beautifully presented. The bed is of a high quality, which ensures a good night's sleep, and I can honestly say the bedlinen and bath towels are the nicest I've found anywhere. (and how nice to have a bath sheet, rather than a bath towel, which falls off everytime you try and wrap it round you!) Everything is spotlessly clean and the guest house is also in an excellent location. I struck really lucky when I found Broadlands and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Windermere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I was actually in the Broadlands Guesthouse in august 2009, but I did not know this internet site back then. I absolutely adored this guest house! It is small, convenient and the couple that manages it is very friendly and gives a lot of information about Windermere and the lake district whenever you like that. The breakfast was lovely and you can take a lot of tours for which you can have a pick up at the hotel. The managing couple is enthousiastic and I loved being their for about 7 days, it was like being at home. I am definitely going back there next year, the lake district really got me!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We did,nt stay at this Guest house but the lady was very helpful and found somewhere else for us to stay as she was full. For this reason we recomend theb/b

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

To celebrate my Mum's birthday I arranged a surprise one night stay in the Lakes. Broadlands guest house was chosen purely on the grounds of the excellent reviews. I just had to experience this Gem of a place for myself. Jeanette and Brian provide hospitality at its best. Just one little mention of it being Mum's birthday and we arrived back later in the day to find some posh biscuits and a bithday card on Mum's bed- how thoughtful. Spotless, extremely comfortable beds, breakfast superb. Great not to have to ask to borrow a corkscrew, as one was neatly placed next to top quality wine glasses - no need to use the bathroom plastic cups/glasses for the relaxing pre -dinner tipple. Blue flush in the loo also. Just worried that this Gem will become so popular that I struggle to get a room when I wish to rebook.

Room Tip: Room 3 fab.
  • Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank alisonfaulkner444
Reviewed 17 May 2011

It's been a while since my wife and I have stayed in a B&B/Guesthouse as we tend to either camp or stay in cottages etc these days, so it was a nice change to head to Broadlands in Windermere as part of a birthday treat for me and my wife. My mother in law had paid for us and for two nights bed and breakfast it was 70 quid each which for the Lake district is very reasonable.
The owners, Brian and Jeanette couldn't be more welcoming or helpful. The room was ideal and spotless, the breakfast was fantastic and the parking pass was a brilliant touch. We could park at various locations in the South Lakes at not pay a penny.
The guest house itself is only a short stroll away from various pubs, restaurants and shops and is only a 15 minute walk from Bowness. It's also a nice base to explore and only a short drive from Ambleside.
We had a cracking stay, and it was great to stay at a B&B with high standards, good service and a good price.
I would definitely go back to or at least recommend Broadlands with no hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple