All reviews jelly beans cooked breakfast guest house lake district public car park homemade muffins gave us some great advice clean bed full english breakfast home from home highly recommend this b b everything you could possibly need feel very welcome lovely hosts perfect location friendly place to stay hope to visit again
Reviewed 17 May 2011

It's been a while since my wife and I have stayed in a B&B/Guesthouse as we tend to either camp or stay in cottages etc these days, so it was a nice change to head to Broadlands in Windermere as part of a birthday treat for me and my wife. My mother in law had paid for us and for two nights bed and breakfast it was 70 quid each which for the Lake district is very reasonable.
The owners, Brian and Jeanette couldn't be more welcoming or helpful. The room was ideal and spotless, the breakfast was fantastic and the parking pass was a brilliant touch. We could park at various locations in the South Lakes at not pay a penny.
The guest house itself is only a short stroll away from various pubs, restaurants and shops and is only a 15 minute walk from Bowness. It's also a nice base to explore and only a short drive from Ambleside.
We had a cracking stay, and it was great to stay at a B&B with high standards, good service and a good price.
I would definitely go back to or at least recommend Broadlands with no hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Good location , very welcoming and friendly , rooms very clean, toiletries and refreshments provided , breakfast was outstanding and we will definitely come back again, And the free car parking pass is great
ray&cathryne

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Having seen the great reviews for this gem before, I was not disappointed. Janette was wonderful and made us feel ever so welcome! The room was nice although the shower temperamental. Breakfast was lovely and both Janette and Brian couldn't do enough for us! I'll recommend to everyone I know!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Just come back from trip to Windermere, this guest house is lovely quality, nice decor, clean, well presented and excellent breaky. The only downside is the distance into Bowness is a taxi journey or a long walk downhill, getting back up the hill could be coronary problems for any of the no-so-fit like ourselves. Also Jenette and her hubby were a lovely couple, although jenette was a little over powering at times and intrusive (Didn't like the fact she cleaned our room EVERYTIME we went out, found that a bit strange and felt our privacy was invaded slightly). Would definately recommend though, just ask for your room to be left unserviced, thats what we will do next time!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
JessieWindermere, Owner at Broadlands Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2011

I was very upset to read the personal comments regarding myself on this review. I am sorry if the unnamed reviewer mistook Cumbrian hospitality for being over bearing, I will certainly bear this in mind in the future as I would like all guests to feel comfortable in my home. However I must point out that rooms are only serviced once per day in the mornings. I do not enter Guest rooms after they are serviced. I do not have the time or inclination to do so. If a guest would prefer not to have their room serviced or replenished with fresh towels etc, all they need to do is let me or my husband know. As a three star highly commended guest house, we ader to the standards laid out by the AA. I would also like to point out that I do not believe this reviewer is based in Scotland.

Reviewed 1 March 2011

We stayed here for one night at the end of Februray 2011, and from the moment we entered the guest house, the service we received was fantastic! Janette gave us a very warm welcome, took us straight to our room, and offered us advice on where to go, the best pubs, and the best route to the lake. We got a welcome pack, with maps and things to do, bottle of water and tea and coffee in our room.
I asked Janette her thoughts on the restaurant we had booked to eat at that night, and she said she would take us there so that we didn't need to pay for a taxi!!!! Very impressed!
The breakfast the next morning was delightful! Brian was a fantastic host. There was fresh fruit(berries/pineapple/pear etc) with yoghurt and honey, cereals, toast, fresh juices, and then we had the full english which was gorgeous! really good produce!
Had an absolutely wonderful stay! The guest house is about a 10minute walk from the station. The lake is about a 20 minute walk from the house, but its a scenic walk, and didnt bother us a bit.
I never normally write reviews, but this was such a fantastic place for the price, and Janette and Brian were lovely hosts.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple