“Evening meal”
Review of The Pig

The Pig
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Windermere
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Recommended by our B&B host at Bonny Brae my husband and I went for an evening feast. Pulled pork bagette was a winner as was goats cheese salad .friendly staff could not have done more. Great atmosphere with background music at a sensible volume. Thanks

DCheadoffice, Owner at The Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your food and the staff looked after you well. I hope you will visit us again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Poor food, pizza well over cooked and when said to staff, they don’t believe they could be to blame. Avoid at all costs

1  Thank grahaml214
DCheadoffice, Owner at The Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

You complained about the pizza but managed to eat 90% and only a small piece was left. You spoke to the chef who tried to sort this for you but as he walked away another customer on the table next to you heard you remark that he was fat. We feel that this is not the kind of remark that is appropriate and this is one of the reasons why some reviews no longer have any substance.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Came in on a Saturday night, great food. The pigs in blankets starter with the homemade brown sauce was great !

DCheadoffice, Owner at The Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Pig and the food was to your liking. I hope you will call in again when you are next in Windermere.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Walked in for breakfast and went to order at the bar, the restaurant had one or two tables occupied. Told by the server that she was far too busy and that it would take at least 30 minutes for them to take our order. All this in an extremely rude and unprofessional manner. Don't bother going.

3  Thank Phil I
DCheadoffice, Owner at The Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Are you sure this was The Pig in Windermere and not another establishment with a similar name? We were not busy on Sunday morning and this is something I find very strange when the person serving on Sunday morning is very polite and would have normally stated she would be with you in a few minutes.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

This was another place our B&B landlord had recommended. So, our experience may not be a typical experience but does need highlighting.
We hadn't booked a table but thankfully there were a couple of free tables for two. Clearly a popular place. We were sat by the entrance door which meant, as the meal drew on, there started to be a draft. The draft was clearly felt by those further inside as one guy cam across to shut the main inside door. About 10 mins later, the waitress opened it again and disappeared outside for about 5 mins. When she came back I asked if the door could be shut as it was getting draft and cold. She did close it, but with a very clear tut!
The table service was similarly poor. Our order was taken but with little interest in us as customers. We had a long wait for our food, our neighbouring table had an even longer wait and complained several times. We ordered well after our table neighbours but still got our meal before them...and we had a long wait!
The food I have to say was very good but that is the only thing that was good! When I went to pay the lack of customer service was again apparent. I had the card machine practically thrust at me while the ladies attention was elsewhere.
Needless to say, we did not leave a tip which is very rare for us.

DCheadoffice, Owner at The Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We do not give full table service at The Pig and have made this clear from the day we opened. We most certainly do not shout out that we are a gastro pub, we are a bar that serves food, all our outlets are similar unless they have a separate seating area where we give full table service.

All our food takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes to get out and some meals take longer to prepare than others, we are proud to say we use local ingredients where possible and everything is prepared freshly inhouse. I am pleased you enjoyed the food.

We take all reviews seriously and deal with all comments and pass them on to our staff.