There are a lot of nice touches that indicate that the White Rose is in experienced hands, for example a bottle opener and wine glasses, fold away trays, a DVD player (with a small selection of films) and unfussy, but very pleasant decor.
The hostess, Caroline, was very warm and welcoming and made us feel as if she genuinely really enjoyed having us there.
Other reviews have mentioned the small bathroom and ours was small, but clean and fully functioning. I would rather have a small bathroom, than have to use one across the corridor or, worse still, share!
The breakfast was lovely and, although it is served in a slightly restrictive half hour slot (but I do understand why and this is standard for guest houses), it was as leisurely as we wished it to be.
Autumn had well and truly set in by the time of our visit, and the White Rose was always lovely and warm – such a pleasure to come back to after a damp, cold day out and about.
The White Rose is perfectly situated for Windermere (a full minute’s walk to the centre), but is a good 15 minute walk to Bowness, where the main action (and access to the lake) is. I am sure there are buses, but we didn’t look to use them. A taxi from Bowness back to the White Rose was readily available and cost just £3 before midnight, so the distance really isn’t an issue.
Would fully recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Graham and Alison would love to welcome you to the White Rose in Windermere where you can enjoy the lovely en-suite bedrooms with a large drink and nibble selection on our hospitality trays.Our delicious and traditional English breakfast will set you up for the day.Any dietry requirements catered for[Vegetarian,gluton free ect]Just let us know on booking. The house is close to the centre of Windermere village which has various restaraunts and cafes,we are only a 20 minute walk or a five minute drive from Bowness - where you can take a cruise around the Lake. Grasmere and Keswick are also within easy driving distance of the White Rose. We are a 5 minute walk from the train station for those arriving by train. There is a fantastic bus service which runs from Windermere to Ambleside grassmere keswick. Also tours with the mountain goat will pick you up from us for full or half day tours.Ten Lake tour, Hill top [Beatrix Potters farm] and a mountain tour.These tours are highly recomended. We offer special 3, 4 and 7 night deals throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your White Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rose Hotel Windermere
- White Rose Windermere, Lake District