“Fantastic place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Cowshed

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Paul K
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Stayed four nights and from booking which was easy to arriving all was as expected, excellent. We were well looked after. Rooms warm, cozy and spacious. Well placed for walking into Penrith and travelling out to Ullswater or Derwentwater etc. Highly recommended for couples.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: quality, decor and location to town
Liked least: occasional trafficnoise during the day but nothing to wake you
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
28 Mar 2015
Thank you for your kind remarks I am pleased you enjoyed your stay
Caroline...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A little gem of a hide-away”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

My review is very long overdue but I have been keeping an eye out for The Cowshed and hoping that it would appear on Trip Advisor one day.

My boyfriend and I stayed at here in November last year and we had a wonderful time. Being honest, there isn't loads to do in Penrith itself but we found it to be a great base to explore the Lake District as neither of us knows it particularly well.

The cottage is very cosy and was perfect for two of us. I can also so that the bed was the most comfortable that either of us had slept in and as a direct result of that trip we both went out and invested in quilts and pillows of the same high quality so we could enjoy a little 'Cowshed' luxury at home :)

The own is a very nice lady and call me a few weeks before our stay to express a little concern that there was a tenant vacating on the day of our arrival and so there might not have been the time to turn it around and get it ship-shape before we got there. If that was the case then I can't imagine what 'usual standards' would be like as the cleanliness couldn't be faulted. I also seem to recall that there was even a pint of milk in the fridge which was a welcome addition for my boyfriend who struggles to go for an hour without a cup of tea.

The only super small thing we would have liked was a bigger softer sofa but that's only because we like to lounge around while watching TV in the evening.

In summary, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Cowshed to anyone.

(Sorry again to Mrs Horn for taking so long to review.)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Detached nature of the property made it feel very private
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
4 Jul 2014
Thank you very much I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and would love to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing