1863 Bar Bistro Rooms(Pooley Bridge)
US$ 159
US$ 153
US$ 121
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 135/night.

US$ 152
US$ 147
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 171/night.

All reviewssteak nightcastle ruinsfriendly owners and staffgarlic prawnssunday carverybed and breakfast basisside saladbeer gardentown centrenice sizeyorkshire puddingportion sizesconvenient locationevening mealgreat roomfriendly welcomea great place to stay
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Came across this place while walking round Penrith. It didn't look much from out side but we are glad we went in. A very friendly waitress greeted us and sat us down . I had slow cooked lamb with potatoes veg and minted gravy. My husband had steak pie and chips. We decided to go back the following night, we both had the specials which was Hake. It came with crushed curried New potatoes but as I don't like curry they changed that to chips and veg for me. That along with a couple of drinks came to around £30 each night. Did not have Room for pudding which was a shame as they sounded very nice.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Stayed he for several weeks a year whilst studying. Hotel side has not been touched in years. The carpets in the room are threadbare. The bedding is ancient and there's only a small oil heater to heat the room during winter. The only bonus is the location and the price for room only. I can't comment on the food as I always ate elsewhere in town. It was ideal for me as a base during my studies and the staff are always friendly and helpfull. It can get quite noisy downstairs if there is a function on especially if you are staying on the first floor. The rooms at the back do overlook the castle which is nice.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Jimmy M, General Manager at Station Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Hi, for someone who claims to stay here several weeks a year whilst studying, I feel I should know who you are? It must be quite some time since you stayed as in the spring of 2015 we replaced the carpets and fitted black out blinds to all the letting rooms. As well as this, new radiators were also fitted to the majority, with the remainder to be done before autumn this year. We don't cater for functions here, so I have no idea what you mean with regard to that. Next time you stay, please introduce yourself, I would suggest its been over a year since your last visit,

Reviewed 13 June 2016

1st time visit to Penrith as we did the Settle to Carlisle line and our experience of the Station Restaurant was memorable! The staff were absolutely fantastic! Very polite and friendly. Also our food was excellent, no complaints whatsoever. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Very old and dated bedroom which had not been cleaned in quite some time- dirt was visible on bathroom walls. Rude staff in reception who made check in unpleasant. I was told to leave my car across the way from the hotel, as the couple of spaces on the road outside were taken. When I in fact discovered I received a parking ticket for being there- the hotel denied all responsibility and said they would never have told me to park there. Either they are liars or senile. The reception area is a busy pub which means that I would not recommend for couples or families. The wifi did not work either.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Well this comes as no surprise at all. Despite being told to park in the same place as all other guests who stayed that night, you chose to park in a superstore car park where there are clear signs warning of a 2 hour maximum stay. Having bombarded me with emails trying to get us to pay for your mistake, you have reverted to leaving an untrue account of your stay and the name calling of our staff. I wont resort to such childish behaviour. I would bet that had I paid for your parking ticket this review would never have happened as our staff are among the friendliest you can meet & for budget accommodation we are clean, tidy and great value for money. All in all, a massive bowl of sour grapes!!

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Really nice place great fish and chips with a substantial portion. After a day cycling it is just what's needed. Compared to some of the other places we looked at I think this was by far and away the best option and happy days it was close to where we were staying

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends