“One happy customer, one not so.”
Review of Cafe Hope

Cafe Hope
Ranked #7 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Keswick
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 11
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fancied soup and the leek and potato was lovely. Generous size portion and very tasty.
Hubby had the steak pie and was very disappointed. We felt it wasn't value for money at nearly ten pounds. He said it was chewy steak and a measly portion size. I have read the reviews re the pie, so perhaps we just had a bad day.
Lovely setting overlooking the golf course.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Hi, as a local I use the cafes every week and on the only sunny day in a couple of weeks we wanted lunch at Cafe Hope. It has amazing views and usually has good service. We asked for soup and a cheese sandwich and was told they don't do dry sandwiches! I asked for them to just not toast the toastie but the look on the staff face was incredulous! She said the till wouldn't allow it!! I was made to feel stupid and as if I was asking for something mad!! They did allow me to have the cheese sandwich in the end. While we were waiting on the outside tables another customer asked if the waitress could cleas=r the only table not occupied..the reply was 'give us a chance'! Not one of their better customer services days.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Disinterested staff who look fed up. Not good for anyone with dietary problems. The mayo used to be dairy free (now told it contains milk or cream) so that rules out a tuna jacket potato etc. The soup contained gluten. No gluten free bread available either. Luckily I had a piece of bread with me! The bacon sandwiches for the rest of the party were not very good either, full of fat, hardly cooked, no sauce. Such a shame, we used to love this place when visiting Keswick. People around us were complaining about the length of time to get food and without a smile. Good for dogs, pity not for Humans!

Date of visit: July 2018
CafeHope K, Manager at Cafe Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write this review, but I think you may have the wrong cafe.
We offer a wide selection of gluten free, dairy free and vegan options, the mayonnaise we dose not contain milk and never has. The soup of the day is always gluten free and dairy free and we have a selection of gluten free and dairy free rolls ( not sliced bread though )
The majority of our jacket potato fillings are gluten free and dairy free, as well as a lot more items on the menu. We have taken great time and effort to make a balanced menu to cover most dietary requirements. We also have a special menu for customers with dietary requirements so they can see exactly what is available to them.
We ask every customer what kind of sauce they would like with their bacon sandwiches as we have a selection from tomato ketchup to hand made chutneys.

I’m sorry if this seems like a lengthy reply but I would hate for other customers to be misinformed by your review

If you would like to discuss this matter further you can contact me on 01768780844
Viki

Reviewed 16 September 2018

You do not need hope when visiting this cafe, it delivers on everything, It is my dream cafe to stop off at on a walk. I visited twice on a recent trip to the Keswick area, once with my daughter for lunch at the end of a walk and next day with all my family for just a coffee and 'something nice'. On both occasions we were with our dog, Lola.
The weather was so nice and mild that we sat outside on both trips, but dogs are also welcome inside the cafe so that is good for colder days. The toasted paninis were very tasty and came with a little salad on the side, milkshakes were yummy and the next day's coffee and cakes very satisfying. There is a good choice of food - hot and cold - available and the atmosphere is warm and cheery. The lovely are views of the hills and the park add to the relaxation. I am so glad we came across this gem of a place. Thank you.

Date of visit: September 2018
CafeHope K, Manager at Cafe Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello,
Thank you so much for this review it absolutely made my day. Hope to see you again soon
Viki

Reviewed 12 September 2018

The Sweet Potato and Red Pepper soup was excellent. Please keep it on your menu !
The Caramel Crisp tray bake slice was lovely aswell.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I have to say I whole heartily agree the Sweet Potato and Ped pepper soup is fantastic next time try the leek and potato its just as lovely.
viki