“Lovely tasty food!”

Ranked #27 of 156 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Excellent Pub Food in the heart of Keswick. Comfortable restaurant as well as bar food
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Great service with very good food. Nice atmosphere and some wonderful draft beers. Two of our party had the pies and two sampled the salads - would recommend both!

Reviewed 12 October 2018

The George & it's cow pie is always on the agenda when I visit Keswick.
As usual the sheer size of the portions stop us finnishing it! The pie is full of meat and is served with great chips and veg.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We had a gift voucher to spend here and can truthfully say that it was the best meal that we’ve had for a while.

Good beer and nice wine. Meal was beautiful. Big portions and very tasty. Friendly, attentive staff.

Recommend and will certainly return.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We have eaten here many times usually for a portion of cow pie! We booked into the restaurant where the staff were excellent and made us feel really welcome. My husband ordered BBQ ribs and I ordered salmon both meals were really good with good sized portions. we had a lovely evening, did not feel rushed so made the most of our time there enjoying the food, bottle of red wine and the surroundings. The George is always a must when in Keswick.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We dined here for our lunch on the day we arrived in the lakes for our holiday, and it was a great start to the trip!
I had a bacon and Brie baguette with chips, and my husband had the cow pie (half portion) which also came with chips.
I really enjoyed my meal, and my husband did his too- he couldn’t actually finish it so was glad he hadn’t opted for the full portion of pie!
There is a lunch menu which offers two meals for £10, along with the regular lunch menu. Good pub grub!
(There is a baby changing table in the ladies loo!)