Melbreak House
US$ 294
US$ 188
US$ 90
US$ 86
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
US$ 236
US$ 79
US$ 40
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We booked last minute and got one of the last rooms in Keswick so I wasn't expecting much, so was pleasantly surprised for the cost. Great location, 5 minute walk into town centre. Quick check in, we had Room 7 on second floor, which was a triple (double bed and single bed). The room was clean and well presented, kettle, tea/coffee provided. TV on wall and single wardrobe and chest of drawers. Bathroom is small and compact (shower/sink/toilet) having read reviews we knew not to leave the main light on as the fan is really noisy (to everyone). Bed was comfy but very squeaky - would benefit from a new mattress.

Breakfast was served between 8-9 and was good, full English with plenty of toast - cereal's also available (help yourself). Breakfast was speedy and hot.

All in all this was a great hotel for a weekend break in lovely Keswick - great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Stayed at this B&B for four nights (two adults and one child)in August, I was a little apprehensive having read some of the reviews, however as Keswick was very busy so I gave it a go.
Arrived earlier than time given but was allowed to check in no problem, there was a mix up on our part meaning we had to pay an extra £80.00, this was mentioned by the owner but not requested straight away. Taken to the room which was as described on the website.
Location was excellent and we parked directly in front of the hotel, this was I think by chance as the roads did seem busy.
Having stayed four nights I would say the only complaints would be a squeaky bed and the walls are a little thin and you could hear next door chatting, this did not really bother us as we were out most of the day.
Nice English breakfast served each day with orange juice cereals and tea or coffee, not the biggest but did us fine.
Owners were cheerful enough.

Room Tip: Not the best wifi as we were on third floor and reception was hit and miss
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Just came back from a 2 night stay with my family, firstly, parking is a mightmare but its the same for all guest houses in the area, on arrival you are made to feel welcome. The rooms are perfectly serviceable for what you need. The breakfast served from 8-9 is lovely, full English with cereals. Warm and friendly. Would definitely stay there again

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

This is the first time I've had the pleasure of visiting the lakes and it's on my doorstep! We were looking for an affordable place to stay for the weekend.

I think the B&B should have four trip advisor stars. Given the cost, I felt the place was very comfortable and clean. It is functional and I wasn't expecting five star hotel standards.

Having read prior, I understood the main breakfast was an "English Breakfast" however the lady kindly provided other food when asked.

We knew parking was difficult there. Then again everywhere nearby seems a little tricky when it comes to spaces.

It is a perfect location. Close to all local amenities. I would stay again. Polite, friendly people.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely little B&B, nothing to shout about but helpful and welcoming staff, comfortable and cosy, some cosmetic work required but that doesn't bother us really. Lovely breakfast to start your day although quiet restricted times, only an hour period 0800-0900 to get yourself down for breakfast but again not really seen as a problem for us.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends