“A must stay location.”
Review of The Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coniston
The Old Rectory
Ranked #9 of 15 Coniston B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A must stay location.”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We had a 3 day mid week stay at the hotel on a bed breakfast & evening meal basis . On our arrival there was a welcoming decanter of sherry in our room , a very nice touch.
The staff , Christine in particular , couldn`t have been nicer & more informative . We took our little dog with us & stayed in the cottage which was absolutely charming .
Everything about our stay was enjoyable & the food was beyond exceptional . It`s a little off the beaten track but well worth the visit for the hospitality shown , the charm of the hotel & the surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suejimandjaz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hamilton
Reviewed 25 October 2011

A charming place in the countryside. We had a nicely furnished, well equipped and comfortable room. The breakfast selection was excellent as was the dinner option which we ordered one evening. Not to mention the flapjacks which we slipped into our rucksacs - great tasting energy source for walking! Anne was a welcoming host. Very good value.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Our stay at the Old Rectory in the Garden Room cottage was superb. This was the Lake District experience we were hoping for. Situated off the main road in a very quiet location, with access to walking trails. The Room was more than adequate with a comfortable King size bed. We didn't see much off Ann, but Christine looked after our needs, and served our meals in a professional, friendly, organized manner. The meals, cooked by Ann, were absolutely delicious. Overall, there was no down side to our visit at this wonderful B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackash61
Aussie in Warrington, UK
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Stayed at this lovely B&B during the August bank holiday and were so pleased with our choice. We were travelling with a friend from Australia who has never been to the Lakes before. You are far enough away to be in quiet seclusion but within walking distance of two great pubs which were great after exploring and walking all day. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. Breakfast is lovely and plenty of it to set you up for the day. Won't hesitate to stay there again. Oh and Ann serves a scrumptious afternoon tea on arrival which is a lovely touch

• Stayed August 2011
rossendale
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I am celiac and cannot eat anything containing wheat I also cannot eat anything containing Whey. I spoke to the proprietor, Anne about this at the time of booking and she assured me that it would not be a problem, she told me she would be away on a break when I arrived ,as it was her birthday. The next day Anne rang me to check with me on all the things I could and could not eat, as she usually made flapjacks for her guests but they would not be suitable for me. I was quite excited that someone else would be making me cake that I could actually enjoy. I love cake! On our arrival we were greeted by two pleasant and attentive staff (both also called Anne)
who presented us with a pot of
Freshly brewed tea on a tray and a cookie jar full of yummy gluten free chocolate brownies and later returned with slices of equally delicious lemon drizzle cake, also gluten free..... I was in seventh heaven, this was such a treat. We stayed in the garden room we had our own key and the views from the patio area were stunning. We ate breakfast outside each morning whilst seated on the patio,our ample breakfast was served to us straight from the kitchen piping hot by one of thier very capable and helpful staff. The only minus comments I would say are that the garden room could do with refreshing a little and that our enjoyment of the one meal we had in the dining room was marred a little by the absence of a little background music, which left an uncomfortable silence where we felt unable to converse freely because you could hear a pin drop! this said it would not deter us from returning to The Old Rectory. It. Is a credit to both the owners and their wonderful caring staff whom I cannot praise too highly, thank you all the Annes and Christine for super break xx Stella and Brian McGuinness.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coniston
2.6 km away
2.7 km away
Bluebird Lodge
Bluebird Lodge
#7 of 15 in Coniston

Been to The Old Rectory? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK