“Wont be returning ”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

After booking on a well known booking site, we were very disappointed with everything from the food to the accommodation, the rooms are next to a main road from cockermouth to Mary Port, 24 hours a day, bikes, cars, lorries, buses etc, rumble after rumble past the rooms, it's the worst sleep I have ever encountered. Pay the extra and stay elsewhere.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (346)

Reviewed 15 August 2021

Didn’t rate the food and service was unprofessional. Used to love that place. Not what it was.
Thought the food was below mediocre and staff were sitting eating while we were in there

2  Thank shaunbY4460NT
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We went for a family meal the the ship yesterday having been there a few years ago and really enjoying it only to be very disappointed when we got there.

The staff were less than friendly. One lady rolling here eyes when we asked if we could have a table further away from another table full of people (as a family we have been very covid conscious and felt more comfortable in a less crowded area of the restaurant).

Non of the staff were wearing masks- which I understand is now optional but I feel that this measure should still be in place for staff at least to make their customers feel comfortable.

We then asked from a jug of water with four glasses which we had to send back as they were clearly filthy when given to us, when the replacement glasses arrive I received another dirty glass.

The whole place looks run down and the food was over priced for the quality we received.

In the past we had some lovely home made food but this was all clearly prepared with less care.

Sad to say how disappointing the experience was.

1  Thank jenniferaI4499AK
Reviewed 11 August 2021

We had our reservation for 7:30pm last night and we arrived bang on the dot...

After standing at the front of the room like a freak show while all of the diners sat and looked at us looking lost, we FINALLY had a member of staff ask if we needed any help.

I told her that we had a table booked for 7:30 (the current time) to which the girl looked around the room, came back to me and said "unfortunately we have overbooked and your table won't be ready for at least 30 minutes"...

I said that I will cancel my booking and go elsewhere, I did and it was delicious.

Booking is clearly not needed here as it doesn't mean anything to them anyways.

I won't be back.

2  Thank Lee R
Reviewed 11 August 2021

Unfortunately our experience wasn't good.I ordered scampi and chips which is supposed to come with garden peas.No peas !
The biggest dissapointment was the chips.We were almost the first customers of the day as we had a table booked for 12.And it become obvious to us that the chips had been refried from the night before,they were hard and crunchy.And I love chips of all kinds but these were not edible.How dare they serve us refried chips.And think we wouldn't notice!