All reviewspaul dianeone way systembedroom and en suiteyour luggagelake districtlovely guesthousecar parkingrooms were spotlesscentral amblesidefriendly hostsa stones throwrestaurants and shopsbreakfast was amazingnice staybeautiful roomtwo night staylots of choice
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I booked a single room for three nights to do some walking in the Lake District. I arrived earlier than arranged and this was not a problem. The owner showed me to my allocated parking space and then showed me to my room. This was very comfortable with a view over the park at the front. Next morning at breakfast I mentioned there was a slight problem with the TV. I was upgraded to an en suite double room straight away. The breakfasts were the best that I have experienced in any B&B that I have stayed in.......and there have been many. The bedrooms and dining room were immaculate and furnished to a high level. I found the owner very approachable and always able to give good local advice. All in all my stay at the Park House guest house was a very pleasurable experience and will be my go to place when I next stay in Ambleside.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2017

my wife and I stayed for 2 nights in this attractive, spotless room which had comfort and style. The room I must add was decorated really nicely.Breakfast was blooming lovely and our car was safe and secure in its space.
Cant say any more. Paul and Dianne , you do a great job.
I

Room Tip: A room facing the park is best.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This little guesthouse was a gem of a find
I was made to feel very welcome and at ease from the very start
Paul and Diane run a very clean and homely place
My room was clean and the bed very comfortable
The WiFi is good and the breakfast,you have. A choice ,mine was a full English was filling and very tasty
I and talked with Paul ,who along with being helpful and insightful was a very interesting guy
Great stay
Great location
Highly recommended

Room Tip: There are only a small number of rooms ,so 1-3 on the one level and 4_6 one up
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is a nice little B & B in central Ambleside within metres of the bars, restaurants and shops. Rooms were spotless with nice views of the park opposite and on to the fells. The rooms while not large were perfectly ok for our stay with plenty of storage. Breakfasts were excellent and nicely presented.

The house is on one of the main roads through Ambleside (although noise is not really problem as it is only really busy during the day) and you can't park outside (double yellows). You are ok to stop quickly and the owner will come out so you can offload your luggage and tell you where to park. Like most B & Bs in Ambleside parking is at a premium so the car park spaces are about 50 or so metres away.

It represents excellent value for money and we'd definitely use again next time we come to Ambleside.

Room Tip: Front rooms are the best and have nice views but there is some traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2017

The Park House B&B was wonderful! I could not have been happier with the experience. First of all, the location is only a couple minute walk from the bus stop. Though it is located on a main street, at the time I was there, the road noise was simply not a problem. Also, the view across the street (park, closes early) to the fell was nice. The room was clean & tidy and had a COMFORTABLE bed, nice window with windowbox & view, sink, closet, nightstand, & towel rack. Diane's breakfasts are SPECTACULAR ... with the 'first course' being fruit juice, fresh fruit, cold cereals/museli, and tea. The 'second course' was a delicious Full English Breakfast with choices & deliciously-prepared foods. Paul was a gracious Host, serving the meal that Diane had made & answering questions about local sites. It was such a pleasant experience and simply couldn't have been better! And the price was reasonable. Check their website for more information. My stay was delightful! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends