“Delicious”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our second visit and this time we went for the Signature Dishes menu. How pleased we were that we had . Each dish was superb and complimented the next dish coming along so well . Loved every single dish and would highly recommend a visit . Service is also superb.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My sister and I visited here and had the tasting menu with the wine pairings as a special treat and it was absolutely the best meal we have ever had - hands down. The food was incredibly good, service was attentive but not fussy, and the wines were excellent. Would love to be able to eat here regularly!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited the old stamphouse following a recommendation from others who have been - we both went for the signature tasting menu (which at lunch is only £35pp) - there were two complimentary appetisers, which were both nice tasters of what was to come, which contained some of he best flavours we have had anywhere.

First up, scallops - probably the weakest of the courses just purely down to the fact the scallop was quite small and a little over cooked (my wife’s was perfect however) - the sauce was light and flavoursome and some rye bread with a salted butter was the perfect accompaniment.

Then on to the best couple of courses I’ve had for a while (we’ve recently eaten at the raby hunt and l’enclume, and these were up there). Brill with cauliflower and artichoke - hot, perfectly cooked brill with a charred artichoke and cauliflower - everything on the plate was superb and faultless. Then on to what my wife described as simply the best piece of meat she has ever had - the loin of roe deer. Melt in your mouth tender, amazing flavour and a beautiful sauce to enhance the natural flavour of the meat. Absolute no nonsense quality.

Desserts were interesting and pleasant without being outstanding, but that was probably just because we spent the whole time raving about the two previous courses.

Struggling to think of a better £35 I’ve spent...not to mention a superb Tempranillo red that at 20 odd quid was a steal in a restaurant of this quality. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We ate there this weekend and had a fantastic evening. I had the vegetarian taster menu and my boyfriend had the meat version. We were equally impressed with the food and also both enjoyed a well-chosen wine pairing. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Overall, great food and wine, great atmosphere, great staff. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went with my son for a meal yesterday ! Great atmosphere fantastic food and the service was really good nothing was too much trouble making it an all round wonderful evening !!!!