Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Well worth it for the money

This is only a small museum, but when you are only paying £9 for a family of 2 adults and up to 4... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sallyg424
Hessle, United Kingdom
OK, but nothing startling.

Visited here with my Grandchildren early January 2019. The place looks very amateur compared with... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
S666JPR
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews dinosaur bones t rex bigger museums gift shop interactive games fantastic visit humber street couple of hours visiting hull stamp children facts gifts grouchy topic school
Reviewed 3 April 2018

You can tell by the price and reception area this isn't going to be polished and slick, but then we liked that and our 6 year old visitor loved it. There is just enough for them to look at and touch and for the adults to read. We spent about an hour and half in there whilst he collected the stamps, rubbed fossils and dug in the sand. the gift shop was amusing too!

We thought it was worth the money and if others don't embrace it they just won't enjoy it, we did !

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Felicity69Hull
DinostarHull, Owner at Dinostar - Hull's Dinosaur Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for your kind words about Dinostar. We try to make our dinosaur museum enjoyable for children of all ages.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After driving from Scunthorpe on the recommendation of school teacher we were very disappointed.
I went with my family which included a 6 and 3 year old to find a damp back street corner shop shop set up and definitely not worth the 12 pound entry for 10 minutes.
My 3 year old grandson was scared and screamed and had to stay in the gift shop but there was no offer of a refund for him and the adult who had to stay with him.
There was no interaction from any of the staff and was total waste of time and money.

Date of experience: March 2018

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit. I don’t know the details as to why you weren’t refunded – it is our policy to offer refunds in such situations. I should emphasise however that our museum is not a scary place and such “scared child” refunds are very rare. Please email me with the date of your visit and I will be happy to arrange for a refund.

Incidentally I think the City Council and local developers would object to the description of the area as a “back street” given the millions that they have spent improving the area in the last couple of years!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Didn't have huge expectations of Dinostar but imagined it might be a nice way to pass an hour before getting on the ferry - and thats exactly what it was!

Its only small but it's also cheap to get in and theres plenty to keep children entertained for an hour. The exhibits are interesting and whilst the museum isn't as polished and slick as some bigger museums, theres an obvious enthusiasm for what they do and it has a nice feel about it.

Probably not the sort of place you'd visit over and over again but its still well worth a look!

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank 4F6

Thanks for the review and I am glad you enjoyed your Dinostar visit.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

This is a small attraction and it doesn't have lots of jazzy features but it's massively charming and just right for young budding archaeologists. It's not too big so they don't get bored and there's lots of fun interactive games and ideas. The people running it are obviously very passionate and enthusiastic. The prices are reasonable. We've taken a few friends with dino-crazy kids but given them a heads up not to expect the natural history museum.

Date of experience: April 2017
DinostarHull, Owner at Dinostar - Hull's Dinosaur Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thanks for the review and I am glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Dino's in an old fashioned but very interactive way. My son (8) loved it (and to be honest I (49) loved it too).

Date of experience: November 2017

Many thanks for your review. We try to appeal to parents as well as children!