“Nice view of the docks.”

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We only stayed two nights here, but found it perfectly satisfactory.
The 'full english' was very good and set you up for the day. The room was clean, comfy and well soundproofed (it needed to be!).
We didn't eat there in the evenings, but went to the Italian place across the road, which supplied first rate pasta etc.
The staff were typical Hull types- chatty, friendly, and good at their jobs.
All in all, a great centre to explore that part of Hull. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank anthony_kaye
Nigel D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear anthony_kaye,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your positive comments about the Hotel and our staff here. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and I am sure future guests will find your feedback really helpful.

It is wonderful to know you would stay with us again and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nigel Dibb

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

What a desperate shame. After many lovely visits to Holiday Inn Hull Marina our last one was a very poor experience. We were overcharged and there were very confusing and convoluted bill at the end of our stay. My mother aged 85, thought she'd squared up on leaving, only to fine additional charges made to her bank account when she got home .... then I was charged too !!!!! DO NOT LEAVE PRE-AUTHORISATION WHEN YOU CHECK IN !!!!!!

That is bad. What is disgraceful is that I rang to try and sort it out, and Gemma (I think it was) made some attempt to deal with it ... but it was taking ages so I asked if she could ring back (remember calls to Holiday Inn are charged at so much per minute .... to sort out THEIR error !?). She said she would, but it could take a couple of days. Well, 6 weeks later, emails and phone calls by us later Holiday Inn have made absolutely no effort to give us the breakdown of the two nights stay, two rooms. I've asked to speak or be told who the manager is ..... no response. I've asked for a breakdown so we can check exactly what went wrong. No response.
BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU GET CHARGED FOR - AS FOR US, NEVER AGAIN AS WE HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR THINGS WE DID NOT HAVE AND CANNOT GET A REFUND, NOT EVEN A RESPONSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Bereft,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your online review of our hotel.

As one of our loyal guests, I am really sorry to hear about the issue with your bill following your recent stay. I would like to personally conduct a full investigation so I would be grateful if you could email me on gm@hihull.com with your details and the date you stayed. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Bit of traffic to get through before arriving at the Holiday Inn, parked up and waited a while to get checked in. Was expecting priority check in being a Spire Elite member but that didn't seem to be available. Nice room although not away from the lift like I requested, small balcony and nice view over the marina. Room very clean, slight problem with hot water at the start but soon rectified. Thanks Vicky.

Ate in the bar and thanks to Lyndon for the friendly service and putting the England game for me. Food reasonably priced and tasty.

A nice stay overall, just a shame that as in every hotel I stay in there are some peasants that don't know what a door handle is and slam their doors late at night and early morning. If you people stayed at a 1 star B&B it would still be too upmarket for you. Stick to camping you inconsiderate buffoons.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Nigel D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Tim G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some excellent customer feedback. We really appreciate your loyalty as a Spire IHG rewards club member.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and experienced some good service from our staff here. I’m sorry you were disturbed by other guests on this occasion. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I don't normally stay in Holiday Inns and this place reinforced why. Stained carpeting in the rooms. When I tried to use the security lock before turning in it fell out of the wall! I can't figure out why the reviews are so positive on this hotel. The one saving grace is that I had some really good fish in chips in the restaurant for dinner.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Nigel D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Chuck S,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered, please accept my sincere apologies and be assured I will look into these issues with my team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal in our restaurant. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We booked here for our weekend visit to The Freedom Festival, it's in a lovely location and a short walk from the train station. The staff are very friendly and ensure you have everything you require for your stay. The rooms are lovely and clean. Breakfast is a Buffett style and very good too. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Tiglet2,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your lovely comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Hull. Please be assured I will share your feedback with the whole team here.

It is wonderful to know you highly recommend the hotel and I do hope you will come back and stay here in the future.