Having registered for a University Open Day for my daughter on the 10th April 2012, I found myself unsure of where to stay in Hull, despite residing in the city for the early part of my life.
Despite its city status, Hull is devoid of any mainstream premium accommodation, however having previously stayed at this marina based establishment prior to its adoption by the IHG group, I put my trust in the Holiday Inn reputation, and opted for a 2 night stay over the weekend. I made the reservation directly with the hotel, and booked 2 executive non-smoking rooms c/w balconies, and many thanks to Alison for her efforts in this regard.
Unfortunately, when we arrived on the Friday evening, I was informed at check-in that the rooms previously assigned to us had been re-allocated, and that this may have something to do with a wedding party booking for the Saturday evening. I explained to Catherine (Supervisor) that I had confirmed all these issues at the point of booking, and that the confirmation had been given to me in recognition of my Ambassador status and my wife's Platinum status. Despite the fact that it was a Friday evening, people were beginning to arrive en mass, and Catherine (seeming to be a little overstretched) sought further assistance from the Duty Catering Manager (Thomas) in resolving my problem.
While I went to the car to finish unloading, they studied the computer system for an answer, and some 5 minutes later, confirmed my re-assignment to two rooms as originally requested.
Their actions in this regard were sympathetic, courteous and professional throughout, and the 'blip' was corrected without the need for any unpleasantness.
The rooms were on the 3rd floor of the hotel, and were excellent for the purpose. Each had a sofa and chair, along with a decent sized bathroom and tub. The rooms were clean and airy, and each had a balcony, though the room on the corner had the larger of the two. The views of the marina were excellent, along with those of the Humber and surrounding area.
Having stayed in a similar room before, it offers a central yet tranquil option for those visiting the city, and the hotel is a mere 300m or so from the Princes Quay shopping mall and circa 500m from the city centre. There are numerous eating establishments close by, ASK being directly across the road from the hotel, though we opted for an Italian meal at Paulo's (situated in the Old Custom House), a 5-10 minute walk but well worth it.
Breakfast was included in the price of the rooms, and did not disapoint. Continental and full English options were available, along with a selection of fruits and pastries. The dining area adjacent to the old dock area is particularly nice, especially with the doors open on a pleasant Sunday morning.
Car parking is free of charge and in a secure lot behind the hotel, though there are additional limited spaces available at the front of the building if you are lucky enough to find one.
All in all, a good quality weekend hotel, with particularly helpful and friendly staff.
Many thanks to all during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel enjoys an excellent location close to East coast seaside resorts, and is an excellent base for visiting other major cities such as York, Leeds and also local attractions such as The Deep. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers, our Executive Marina view rooms, which some boast balconies ideal for evening drinks. Facilities including 100 fully air conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 120 people and a Spirit Heath and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel has 4 meeting rooms that will cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. Ample car parking is available at the hotel. Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel.The hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including The Deep, Beverley Race Course, Hull's Museums and the KC Stadium. This hotel is pet friendly, the kids eat free and is fully non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hull Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Hull Marina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Kingston-Upon-Hull Holiday Inn