Stayed here a few weeks back with my girlfriend for a weekend break, been here years ago when it was Mercure, its much worse now! Walked into a busy lounge with live music playing which was nice, bar staff were great, Luke was really nice behind the bar after we had a drink we went to check in with Meg at reception who was really nice and explained everything to us, after we settled into our room we ordered room service, after about 15 minutes it had arrived, food was really nice.
The next morning we went down for breakfast around 8am to be greeted nicely by a young girl who had blonde hair,(couldnt get her name), who explained everything to us and brought our hot drinks out right away. Food was nice and the young male chef greeted us behind the buffet, as i went to sit down a older woman came out of the kitchen coughing like mad,not a good look for the hotel!
Had a chilled day enjoying the City of culture and had food in the restaurant which was really nice and reasonable prices, the beds were really comfy and we had a good sleep both nights.
Went down for breakfast on our last day which was a Sunday, breakfast was busy which the staff told us but they were doing there best to set tables it was a shame to see a young man with glasses i think he was called masoode messing around behind the counter and wasn't helping out the other staff, breakfast food was nice with a range of different food, shame some staff let them down.
Overall we had a good time in the city of culture and the food was nice so hats off to the chef, I don't know if i would return but we had a good stay in our rooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull