We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“OMG”
Review of Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni
Certificate of Excellence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Restaurant details
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant. Our second visit and we were still impressed.

Even in Italy it would be hard to beat this restaurant. The food, the staff - nothing could be faulted.

Thank elizabeth s
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Write a Review
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
50
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
Reviews (262)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Language

3 - 7 of 262 reviews

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We have eaten here before and the food/service was excellent, so last night we took some friends to eat - we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, as was the service. The staff were attentive without being too familiar and the meal was authentic, fresh and tasty.

    • Value
    • Service
    • Food
1  Thank Ken M
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

OK, whinge first - which is no reflection on the restaurant. Our lunch coincided with some obscure football match, so my wife and I made up 40% of the covers. Unfortunately the other 60% was dominated by a woman with no volume control who patronised the waiter painfully while the poor guy gritted his teeth. I’m sure her life in Barnes really is lovely, but don’t need to be able to hear it over the background music!
Anyway, the food. Superb doesn’t come close - as others have said, the veal in tarragon and cream is amazing and my wife thought her risotto was the best she had ever eaten. Tiramisu also to die for, and a great ‘proper’ Italian ambience, unlike certain chains I could mention.
This was just a brief pre-theatre lunch, but we’ll be back. Hopefully the megaphone in the corner will be dining elsewhere.

2  Thank ArchieandPenny
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We were in Tunbridge Wells for 1 night and had seen Don Giovanni's on the web, so tracked it down......very pleased that we did. Luckily it wasn't too busy so the helpful waiter managed to give us the table by the window. From start to finish the service from everybody was perfect, and the meal was really authentic Italian....delicious.
Would recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for ain Italian anywhere near to Tunbridge Wells, and I can certainly understand the excellent reviews on here - in fact if we didn't live over the water in Essex I would be back tomorrow!!
(Oh and there was complimentary Lemocello to finish the meal off.)
Mille Grazie to all.

    • Value
    • Service
    • Food
1  Thank AdrianandLoretta
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were staying in town for a couple of nights and thought we would try here based on the other reviews. Have to say the food was really really good and the service was efficient and friendly. Thought the overall bill for the meal and booze for two people was very reasonable. If you like Italian food give this place a go you won’t be disappointed.

Thank Phil T
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Travellers who viewed Don Giovanni also viewed

Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
 
Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
 
Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Matfield, Royal Tunbridge Wells
 

Been to Don Giovanni? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
50
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing