“Anniversary and birthday meal with two children ”

Cote Brasserie - Tunbridge Wells
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have just got back from a wonderful early evening meal at Cote. We went to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary and husband's birthday with our two children 10 and 7 years old. I had when booking asked for a nice table as we were celebrating. Lovely surprise to be given a glass of proscesso and they even made a tonic one for our two daughters. The staff were very attentive and made us feel extremely welcome with our children. The food was divine and for our 7 year old to eat all her dinner too was amazing. Pudding was grand and another special treat of a pudding for my husband and I to share (which we hadn't ordered!) Such lovely staff and it was probably our 5th visit and would certainly visit again and again! Thank you cote and to your wonderful staff.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I reviewed Cote previously giving it only a 1 star for breakfast . Having returned at lunchtime, I found it far better . The choice is amazing & very good value . The staff are fairly attentive & pleasant .
Will definitely return & give breakfast another try .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been visiting Cote for weekend Breakfasts fairly regularly since July. The breakfasts have been consistently superb and the service is excellent. Our thanks to Dorma, the manager and her excellent team for making every visit special & memorable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great atmosphere loved the lighting the staff were friendly and the food was perfect and faultless
I really enjoyed my visit thank you I will come again here

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We love this place, usually!
Sun shining, People watching. Great food and service.

Although I’ve given 5 stars as a review, it’s for the restaurant not our experience.

our morning was somewhat spoiled by a table of smokers.

Sitting in the sun and having a fantastic breakfast. Eggs benedict, best in town. Served by a lovely waitress, who was very pleasant.

Across from us was a table of 4, at 1st it was just one person smoking, he was soon joined by the other 3. Two were vaping and two were puffing on roll ups.

Of course this was outside so the usual rules don’t apply, but just to be clear, this is a restaurant, and they do serve food. People were eating.

The table opposite them, were a family of 3 with their child of around 3-4. Breathing in the fumes.

Not at anytime did the table of smokers consider other restaurant users. They smoked even whilst two of the table were eating!

So, as I say, we love the food and the service, the alfresco dining is lovely in the sun (probably the last time this year for us, weathers changing) but I think that smokers should take some responsibility and consider their surroundings before lightning up. Don’t be so selfish, especially if there are children around!

Also, to the restaurants with outside areas or gardens you can eat in. You also should take some responsibility, it’s simple, don’t put ashtrays on tables where you serve food.

No ashtray, no smoke!

We love Cote, and we will be back, but I think even if we have an Indian summer, we would think twice about eating outside again.

XX