1,028 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower chateaubriand superior room nespresso machine walk in shower afternoon tea wine list prawns special occasion main course queen victoria mini bar lovely hotel fresh milk an upgrade sunday lunch
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Booked for 5/6 of us to have Afternoon Tea for my birthday on a lovely Saturday afternoon. Sadly one of my guests could not make it, so it was just the 5 of us. We were sat in one of the rooms near the front and it was very dark - the walls were an oppressive deep red, and the lighting was very dim. This is fine, but on a wonderfully sunny and hot day this is not what I had in mind. Especially as the pictures of the afternoon tea I'd seen online looked to be in a much brighter and quaint room which is what I had envisaged for our tea. We asked to be sat outside which was eventually arranged - MUCH nicer. We enjoyed our scones out on the terrace. Other than that, we really enjoyed the food - the gin sorbet was quite the conversation starter.
The waitress who we had serving us was absolutely lovely - she really did accommodate us and went above and beyond. However the only thing I will comment on is, half way through she disappeared on a number of occasions when we needed something. At point she was gone for a good 20 minutes when we were in need of knives to cut our scones. A bit annoying as I had to get up and go to the bar to request some service - just something to bare in mind. Afternoon tea was very good value at £20pp and I would come again, however service needs a bit of improving :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
James M, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear travelkat,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and we were able to move you to the Terrace on arrival. This offer was made when the first of your party arrived, but with the weather being somewhat temperamental no-one wanted to make the wrong assumption.

I'm sorry your waitress disappeared on a couple of occasions - but glad that she made you feel welcome and we will work on making sure her presence is more consistent moving forward. The Gin & Tonic Sorbet is always a good point of conversation!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We went to HDV quite often to enjoy the special offers last year. Unfortunately, the menu is not changed quite often enough and the offers remain the same for ages. I found more could be done to make the special offers more enticing. Try harder!

Stayed: February 2017

Dear Sophie O
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoy your visits overall, and am pleased to tell you that we changed both our A La Carte Menu and Prix Fixe offering in the week prior to your review.
I do hope you will come and sample our latest offerings.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for our wedding night April 28th, we made it known that this was our special night when booking.
We have stayed here before a few times and have been given much nicer rooms than on this visit.
We were congratulated by the receptionist but we were given no other 'special' treatment whilst we were not expecting anything it would have been a nice touch. At £164 for room only we did leave rather disappointed.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Willzy6110

Dear Wilzy6110
Thank you for your review and congratulations on your Wedding. I'm sorry you were not such a fan of your room. Your previous bookings have been in Principal Rooms, while this last stay was booked for a Cottage Room (two room categories lower). Please do let us know if you have a favourite of your previous rooms and we will endeavour to accommodate you accordingly on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

This hotel ha it all --- location (walking distance from the train station), location (near some of the best gardens in Kent), location (walkable to some top restaurants); wonderful bar area with some surprising draft beers; good food in the bistro and very helpful staff. We needed help with local transportation and within minutes Robert, owner and chief driver of Royal Tunbridge Wells Taxis, was at the hotel and ready to take us to our first destination. He was so friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating that we hired him for three days. His service made for a special holiday.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Dennisstern2017
Thank you for your lovely review. It's great to know that you enjoyed your stay! We're lucky to have a great partnership with Rob, and I've passed on your feedback to him too.
I hope to see you again before too long.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We came for a romantic dinner on a Saturday night. The service was superb. Andrew (our waiter) was attentive, personable and very professional. All in all a true premium experience at a very reasonable price. Recommended!

Stayed: May 2017

Dear MaxPepe55
Thank you for your lovely review - I'm so glad you enjoyed your evening and Andrew was able to make your night all the more memorable.
I look forward to seeing you again soon.