“Don't believe the ratings this is number 1 in Dover”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
East Lee Guest House
Ranked #5 of 41 Dover B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Don't believe the ratings this is number 1 in Dover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We recently went to Dover for the day and decided at the last moment to find a bed and breakfast. We don't stay any where without consulting Trip Advisor so out came the iPhone. We called number1 and 2 but 1 is out of town and 2 was full. We then went to number 4 and were not inpressed so we tried number 5 found the jewel of Dover. The house was beautiful, breakfast was fantastic and the hosts were wonderful. If you want a B&B in Dover this is a must, but please leave a room for us as we will be back.

Room Tip: We looked at several rooms and they were all great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DoubleC2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Last year I walked past this guest house and wished I'd stayed there. This year I got my wish. The house is styled to match its history with period furnishings and decor. The beds have extra deep mattresses and provide a good night's sleep. The breakfast china is actually Limoges porcelain. My husband had the fruit platter for breakfast and it had fresh pineapple, kiwi, two varieties of grapes, two types of melon and strawberries. He was expecting boring apple, orange and banana so was pleasantly surprised. I had a special breakfast that wasn't even on the menu, when I'd only requested a small variation on the vegetarian option. Although there was a charge for WiFi we got it free. The other guests were a team of tour reps on their way to join groups travelling across Europe, so they obviously know a good place to stay. The house is 2 mins walk from the bus station and we used our passes to explore the coast, which we think is overlooked by all the people rushing for the cruise ships.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burneside
South England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while visiting Dover Castle, and we had no shortage of compliments to pay to the hosts when we left.

The rooms are lovely, quiet, spacious, and clean. My husband can be a light sleeper, but even he had no problem sleeping in our room. I can't say anything about there being or not being an internet connection though as we didn't bring a laptop on this trip.

When we arrived, we were asked for our breakfast preferences and when we came downstairs in the morning, the owners went over everything with us. We ended up having a Full English with locally sourced produce that was absolutely delicious and sustained us well beyond even our trip to Dover Castle.

The owners have lived in the area for a long time, know the sights and sounds, and can easily direct any visitors to their preferred points of interest. They even know a lot of the cruise and ferry calls at the dock so people coming across the channel needn't worry. East Lee will take care of you!

Centrally located with good parking, affordable rooms, great food, a lovely atmosphere, and friendly hosts, we'd recommend East Lee to anyone and would would happily visit there again, ourselves!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the house do face the roadway, but we didn't notice any noise or light pol...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Madison L
nantwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

This guest house is convenient both to the channel tunnel (15 minutes) and the ferry terminal (5) minutes. It is situated in the heart of the town with local amenities within easy walking distance.

We received a very warm welcome from the owners who made space in their garage for our car overnight. The room was immaculately clean and comfortable and although the en-suite bathroom was a little dated it was perfectly adequate for our needs.

A good nights sleep and an excellant breakfast cooked fresh to our order set us up for the channel crossing. We would definitely stay again if we were making another trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grown_up_gappers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

I first stayed here 6 years ago with my family and just this week I happened to be back in Dover and again I booked into East Lee.

Well, I was not disappointed to find Patricia and Michael still run the place with the same attention to detail and commitment to making sure their guests feel comfortable and looked after. Our room had a very comfy bed, a spotless ensuite and I was pleased to find a flat screen tv with freeview channels.

Breakfast was delicious, it was one of the widest selections I've seen in a B&B! As a vegetarian I sometimes struggle so I was delighted to have not only a vegetarian sausage with my breakfast but a fresh fruit platter to boot!

All of this and the prices were incredibly reasonable. If your coming through Dover, definitely stay at East Lee. The only problem? If your catching a ferry, you might not want to leave!

• Stayed November 2011