All reviews meal deal thyme restaurant tesco express continental breakfast air con comfortable room visit family main road free wifi walk in shower excellent stay car parking busy road easy access family room good nights sleep night's sleep
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A new Premier Inn situated between Gillingham and Chatham and with a Asda 200 yards away, what more do you require.

We booked early which was just as well as the hotel was full in a matter of hours.

It is a typical Premier with happy smiling staff and cleaners who took are early arrival in their stride and did their upmost to get us booked in and settled: cool or what and a change (more so in Travelodges) on those who insist keeping to their set booking in times. It was good to see the staff taking charge.

We don't pass comment on sleep quality, you either have a good night or you don't, thankfully they don't have lumpy mattress as they went out with springs in the 60s.

The 'rip-off' better known as Chatham Old Naval Dockyard is a mile down the road with the town of Chatham another 15 to 20 minute walk further on.

Gillingham town center is another mile and is across the road from the Premier Inn (both routes are for walking) and the town is a rather a sad looking location but then again so was Chatham.

The hotel has parking but other vehicles also use the car park and there is work going on in the area but Premier Inn can't be held responsible for that.

We did not dine in the Inn's restaurant bur ate at Asda, with baked potatoes coming in at £1 its the place to go.

Overall, another good stay at another good Premier Inn, helpfull staff and a clean and tidy room. (Big TV included).

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I am a great fan of Premier Inns with their fabulously comfortable bedding but this time I was glad it was no longer than two nights. On arrival in the room I noticed a really strong smell of fabric fresher in the room . As I am allergic to perfume I asked if I could change rooms but the next room smelt the same . Was told it is something they hoover into the carpets to make the room smell better which is fine if you can tolerate perfume. Very disappointed with my stay. Will think carefully about ever booking a Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Easy to find, very clean, crisp white bedding and comfy big beds good breakfast, friendly helpful staff, easy checking even when slightly worse for wear at 12.pm after a wedding reception
We will defo rebook if I’m the area again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I had a really good 3 nights here. Clean comfortable room, matched by friendly team members.
The parking was well lit and right outside the door and free. My room was on the ground floor but was safe with the secure door to the corridor. This is on a busy road but I was on the car park side The room was large and the bed was two singles zipped together, but comfortable.
Stayed in to eat and was pleasantly surprised. A good selection on the menu well prepared with good service. Breakfast was great, huge selection and well presented. There were no bedside plug sockets, and no where to fill up water bottles (though the staff were happy to do that if I asked).

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this stay using the Premier Inn iPhone app and was impressed by how straightforward it was. The hotel is very easy to find as it is about half a mile beyond the eastern portal of the Medway tunnel. The staff were friendly and the room was clean and decorated to a good standard. Car parking is at the rear and I found there were only one or two slots left when I arrived at about 9pm with the hotel more or less full. Should you need any supplies there is an Asda superstore next door. The Asda also has two dual ported Polar charging posts, should you need the top up an EV.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo