All reviews single room car park river view bridal suite wedding reception medway river banqueting hall packed lunch rochester castle wet room roast potatoes function room birthday party recommend this hotel huge bed sit down meal breakfast was included
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Firstly,the positive, were the serving staff at Breakfast.They were very friendly and helpful thank you. Also the breakfast once topped up was hot and enjoyable.
Unfortunately there it stops
When it was booked it was said there were parties booked which was fine however there was the constant noise of music until midnight but it was boom boom boom could only have the window open a little due to this noise.
We had a superior room which this could be questioned.
The decor was very basic,the coffee table was not in a very good condition chipped edges really badly stained. The carpet had seen better days as with some of the paintwork. It looked like they had started to redocorate but not finished.
The bathroom had cheap plastic cups instead of proper glasses for a superior room. We had to call reception on arrival we had bath towels no hand towels.
Just to top this off we left our room before 11am to go out on the next day and upon return to our room, it had not been serviced. No clean towels no bin emptied or refill of any used items.
When the car was full,they had alternative parking at the back of the hotel which fine in itself and it was monitored but the steps from here to the hotel were uneven very steep.
I am sorry to say there will not be another vist.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
RS458, Manager at St. George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your recent review of St. George Hotel.

As you are aware do we not hide the fact we host parties however we do wish you would have made us aware that you felt the music was too loud, as we could have made our best efforts to resolve this on the night.

We are also very sorry to hear you felt your room was not up to our usual high standards, we will look further into why your room was not serviced during your stay, but I do apologise that this was the case. Hand towels are available on request for all rooms but we will keep in mind your comments regarding the superior rooms.

We hope to see you again if ever you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I held our wedding reception here on 17th May.
Megan was superior in looking after us. Everything we asked for she provided. The food was amazing, both sit down three course and buffet. Some of the serving team were new and being trained as they served but it was done so unobtrusive that we hardly noticed! The decoration of the room was amazing. The DJ provided was perfect. All of our guests commented on how great the day was.
We spent our night in the bridal suite, which was perfect.
Thank you to all that helped Megan create special day. We would not have done it any other way.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your wedding day here at St. George Hotel.

It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day and we hope you enjoyed Alton towers the next day!
I will be sure to make sure all the staff are made aware of your comments, once again thank you for putting your trust in us with your wedding day! Hope you see you soon, Best wishes for the future!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Parking was easy and a friendly welcome was received at Reception,we were given a "boutique" room on the 3rd floor,very clean and with everything you may need was there,only thing was we do not like,"boutique" style,electrical trunking on the wall instead of in it,copper pipes with a large on off valve constituted the taps and both were loose,the bathroom was a wet room,literally,the shower though good almost flooded the whole floor and pooled in places where the floor slope was not done properly,a ceiling fan with only one setting,warp speed,was like trying to sleep with a helicopter hovering above and so was quickly switched off,a variable speed fan would be much more sensible, the king sized bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was buffet style and was well cooked and presented and there were plenty of cold offerings.

On returning to the hotel after going out for an evening meal we were confronted by a crowd of drunken foul mouthed party goers having a row in front of the hotel,the party was in the hotel and the thudding music and screaming party goers went on until midnight when mercifully it stopped,this was replaced by noises from the next room that went on for ages that I leave to your imagination,we had one of the worst sleeps ever.

The hotel is friendly and trying hard,the boutique style of our room does not work as far as we are concerned but will suit younger more modernist guests,what let the hotel down badly on the night we stayed was the stupid ceiling fan and more importantly awful,loutish behaviour of some of the guests.

The view of the river is very nice!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Plodus

Thank you for your recent review of the St. Georg Hotel,

We do understand the Boutique room is very modern and not to everyone's tastes, but I do hope this does not put you off staying here again. We are also very sorry to hear that other customers and music effect your overall experience, we only wish you had made us aware of this on this night and we could have made every effort to resolve the issues.

We are very pleased to hear you found the room clean with everything you needed and that breakfast was well cooked and presented.

Do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

My daughter had her wedding and evening reception here. Everything was well organised and all the staff were very attentive and helpful. The wedding room had lovely decoration and the food for the 3-course sit down meal was good quality and the service provided for the 75 guests was excellent. Although there was a standard menu, our vegan diner was very well catered for.

A buffet was provided for the evening reception/disco and the variety and quality was again very good. We didn't specify any vegan options for the buffet but the hotel staff had the foresight to prepare an individual plate of vegan food and then took the trouble to find our vegan guest to give her the food in person.

The costs for the wedding, catering and disco were very reasonable.

My wife and I also stayed overnight in the 'superior double room' which was spacious and had a very big, modern bathroom. There were panoramic views of the Medway.

The usual full english breakfast was included, along with vegan options. Again, the food was good quality.

I would recommend this hotel both for holding a wedding or other function and also as a place to stay if visiting Rochester or Chatham Dockyard. Less than 10 minutes walk from Chatham Railway Station.

A big thank you to all the staff for making the occasion a success.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of the St. George Hotel.

We are very pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your daughters wedding and stay here with us! I will make sure all of our staff are able to see your comments! Hope to see you again soon, take care for now.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We had our wedding last week at the St George Hotel and they could not have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble, they took care of everything and really made such a difference. Our wedding was perfect, the rooms and food was fantastic and the staff were amazing. I could not fault this hotel at all, I would recommend it to anyone wishing to hold their wedding there. Megan Adams, our wedding planner, ensured everything went well and put me at my ease and ensure I knew everything that was going to happen. I really believe they made such a difference as my day was organised for me so i could just focus on enjoying myself. Thank you so much to all of the team involved. Kate and Shaun Agnew

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hi Mr and Mrs Agnew

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your wedding here at St. George Hotel! It was a pleasure to be able to be a part of your special day! I will make sure all of our staff are made aware of your comments. Hope to see you again soon, take care for now.