All reviews the pub co op nautical theme historic dockyard stayed here for one night car park would stay again visiting chatham full english breakfast good size nice stay saturday night comfy bed cooked breakfast an evening meal lovely room member of staff
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We popped in here after work as it was nice and sunny so wanted to sit outside with a glass of wine and eat dinner. We both ordered burgers as the lunchtime menu had finished (I much prefer the lunch menu). Burgers came over cooked, had the most over powering relish with burnt buns. I had one bite and left mine. Sweet potato fries were lovely. I used to love it here but the last 3 visits haven't been nice so won't be eating there again as it's not exactly cheap either.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We have eaten at the bar and restaurant in the Hotel several times over the last 3 years in both small and large groups at quiet and busy times. Each time it seems to be getting worse and it only survives by its excellent location and lack of local gastro pub competition. The operators - Shepherd Neame have other good pubs and they need to take urgent action to vastly improve service. The speed of service is glacial , 4 hours for 3 courses recently. The food is overpriced and poor quality. The staff are young and inexperienced and left to make weak excuses for poor service by invisible management.
We will encourage all thinking of going there to think again and use the other family restaurants in the Dockside retail area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank blueman7089
Reviewed 16 August 2017

my friend is gluten intolerant so can't have any bread. She ordered a burger without a bun.. they brought her out a veggie burger covered in bread crumbs, when she sent it back the young girl told her it's what she ordered so that was sent back. She then ordered a olive / humus gluten free bread board. The stick veg int the humus was about 3 days old and turning brown so that was sent back!
My other friend ordered a normal burger & chips. the burger came out cremated!
I had a prawn sandwich, on my last bite I saw a hair on my plate!
when we complained about the food we were told.. It's ok i'm sure the food will be better next time! no apology or mention of a refund or money off!!
There will be no next time

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa-luan A
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We seemed to be totally invisible to the staff , was told a waitress called Laura would be over to get us our drinks 25 mins later we had to go up and order ourselves , we tried to order pudding ,again no one came over , we gave up and got the bill , it's a shame as the food when we got it was good it was just the laid back staff .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The reviews were a bit mixed so had my reservations - but that's because they're grouped in with food reviews....

The hotel rooms are clean, modern, of reasonable size - we booked a twin room, the staff were nice and helpful - offering info of the local area - I recommend the Maritime museum.

Breakfast was nice, with a different range of choices - they were flexible around requests too.

In short, if looking for a good stay in the area, this would meet all that you need as far as hotels.

As a side note: the food in the bar area was nice with a good range, although is a touch on the pricey side.

Stayed: August 2017