All reviews sofa bed swimming pool black pudding leisure club stayed here for two nights would stay again leisure facilities steam room decent size plenty of parking changing rooms medway towns breakfast was excellent tea and coffee excellent value for money restaurant staff airfield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed her at the last minute, the staff were amazing! Abbi and Chiara went the extra extra mile to help us and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable and we would highly recommend to anyone

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your fantastic 5* review following your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to hear that Abbi and Chiara went the extra mile for you during your stay, I will pass on your feedback to them. I do trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is nice location and lovely place but unfortunately need upgrading, as being situated close to major roads need to have noise proof windows, but existing windows are old, shower area in fitness centre need upgrading, Between 08:00 to 09:30 when customer are checking out you need more than one person as normally there is only one person at busy time at reception.

Room Tip: Need noise proof windows as closer to major roads and motorways.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I do very much appreciate your comments. I do trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Spend a lovely night at this Holiday Inn. The room was excellent having a lovely large wet room which would accommodate even the largest wheelchair. The only problem we had was breakfast, when I began to eat the black pudding,, I realised the underneath had not been cooked. Without this the rating would have been a 5, instead I was left worried if I would wind up with food poisoning for my son's graduation.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased that overall you had a great stay and enjoyed the facilities that we have to offer. I do sincerely apologise that the experience was let down by the black pudding at breakfast in the morning. Please be assured that this was address with the chef and I am confident that this will not be repeated. I am sorry for the concern that this caused you on such an important day. I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

On arrival the Reception area wasn't manned, when someone eventually turned up we were told the room wasn't ready for us even though it should have been ready by 2pm. When I made the booking I specifically asked for a ground floor room as my husband has got Parkinson's Disease and walking long distances tires him out. We were given a first floor room half way down the corridor.

The base of the bed had stains on it, the windows were all streaky and stained with a yellow substance, the net curtains are in need of renewal, there were stains up the wall, chewing gum or something sticky on the carpet and on the settee. The ironing board collapsed on use (My Husband fixed it!) The floor of the bath is very slippery, it needs a non-slippery surface to cover the whole of it. It could also do with a grab rail to help you out of it.

The so called FREE Wi-FI was virtually non-existent

The room could do with a complete face-lift, the mustard coloured walls were awful, the curtains and nets were just as bad and the settee needs a good clean.

I've stayed in these Hotels before and enjoyed my stay as a result I booked this one. I really don't know why it's gone down hill?

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

If this was an example of where Holiday Inn is pitching itself these days then all I have to say is “thanks but no thanks”’. Based on my experience this place would struggle to get 3 stars let alone the 4 it claims to have. Room was small & the decor bland. The bathroom was just about acceptable but not particularly clean. Toiletries on offer comprised of squeeze tubes (Express style) & one of those was empty. Breakfast was slow & unless you like subrate buffet (again Express style) then the service was pitifully slow. Didn’t appreciate being bombarded with posters threatening parking fines if car registration details had not been entered correctly. Most unwelcoming. The entrance is virtually inaccessible for those with walking difficulties unless you take a long diversion around the outside of the building which is totally unlit at night. Staff really didn’t seem to care & it appeared that they were not that enthusiastic on the job they were doing. In short I found this hotel to be tired & in need of a face lift & better customer service if it was justify being a 4 star hotel. I’ve stayed in Holiday Inn Expresses which offered far better quality & service! Very disappointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to learn that on this occasion we did not live up to your expectations. I do take on board your comments and will review them internally.
Thank you once again for your comments